AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Doors
doctorgram Avatar
doctorgram Chester Graham
Modesto, CA, USA   USA
I'm having a problem finding the door part that holds the door "check" in place on the "A" pillar. Any thoughts of what others are doing? I thought about using a "clevis" pin

Your thoughts.

Thanks in advance

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Jacad Avatar
Jacad Gold Member Barry Shefner
Montreal, QC, Canada   CAN
1959 Triumph TR3A "Loose Wheels"
1976 Triumph TR6 "The Tweetster"
Works great for me Chestersmiling smiley

Barry
59 TR3A 0TS57675LO - "Loose Wheels"
76 TR6 CF54266U - "The Tweetster"
Website: Triumph TR2-TR3-TR4 www.trtriumph.com/ (sorry for not keeping it current for the past couple of years)

Attachments:
DoorCheck.jpg    14.7 KB
DoorCheck.jpg

doctorgram Avatar
doctorgram Chester Graham
Modesto, CA, USA   USA
That's what I'm talking,
LOL! thumbs up

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Jacad Avatar
Yeah but if you really want to get technical about it, you should have this setup holding the door check to the bracket on the body according to the original parts catalog - see below .... so a Pointed Head Hex bolt 1/4" x 5/8" UNF (HU705/P) (BTW, the Brits call it a "Setscrew" but to us it is a bolt) with a 1/4" x 0.49" OD spring washer (WL0207) and a Hex nut 1/4" UNF (HN2007)

FWIW I forget exactly the cutoff between a setscrew and a hexbolt but I believe it has to do with the length and amount of threading

Barry
Website: Triumph TR2-TR3-TR4 www.trtriumph.com/ (sorry for not keeping it current for the past couple of years)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-06 12:20 PM by Jacad.

Attachments:
door check.jpg    10.4 KB
door check.jpg

Standard_Triumph_Hardware_Catalog.pdf    2.34 MB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Jacad Avatar
or perhaps it's just to me a bolt is a bolt is a bolt ... I guess for someone more technical this is the difference

The Difference Between A Bolt And A Set Screw:

The Bolt: The Bolt is characterised as with out a full thread (i.e the thread does not reach the head), this part is known as the Shank. Bolts are generally not available in the shortest lengths as there is no room for the shank, and typically you will receive a Set Screw in place of a Bolt. The Bolt allows for movement.
The Set Screw: The Set Screw is characterised as with a full thread (i.e the thread reaches the head). Used to prevent relative motion (no movement).

Barry

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster