Cover for Brake and Clutch Cylinders Platform

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

drsmod Dan Smodic
Kalamazoo, MI, USA   USA
I'm restoring my 62' TR3A and notice that my car came with a cover for the brake and clutch cylinder platform. I haven't noticed this cover on many if any other car. Does anyone else have this cover and is it original? Also, I noticed that the other cars have a screw with nuts upfront that I think adjust the movement on the pedals but not sure. My didn't have that?

Any feedback is appreciated.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_1157.JPG    39.3 KB
IMG_1157.JPG

TR3driver Randall Y
Confusion, Los Angeles, USA   USA
I'm pretty sure the cover is not original.

The adjustable pedal stops were standard on earlier cars, but deleted later on. I don't have the change point handy, but ISTR it was during 1958. At any rate, my current 56 is supposed to have them, my previous late 58 was not. Lots of folks add them to later cars, though.

Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L Once and future daily driver
71 Stag LE1473L awaiting engine rebuild
7? Stag awaiting gearbox rebuild

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-28 01:33 PM by TR3driver.

Geo Hahn Avatar
Mt Lemmon, AZ, USA   USA
In reply to # 1592747 by TR3driver ...Lots of folks add them to later cars, though.

I did - takes out that bit of pedal slop until I get around to re-working the slightly wallowed hole.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
charleyf Silver Member Charley Fitch
Redding, CA, USA   USA
1962 Triumph TR4
1963 Triumph TR4 "MR.T"
I have a friend with a cover over his master cylinders. That is the only one I remember seeing after looking at a LOT of TR3's.
Charley

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster