commision number and engine number mix up

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

CJD john durant
Southlake, TX, USA   USA
Why would the DMV ever get that envolved? They simply take a valid title and transfer it to a new name. If they require an inspection, then there IS a matching number to the old title on the engine. One thing I know they wouldn't know what to do with is the BH certificate. (My car does not even have a certificate anyway!?!) I assume the simple vintage body tags were much easier for a thief to alter than the chance of them changing the engine...so it served a purpose many years ago.

The most trouble I have ever had with Triumph registration is that the number does not conform to the now standard 14 digit VIN format. The handful of times they have questioned that, I point out that the car is a 1955...and that ends the questions altogether. They realize immediately they aren't educated on regulations that old. Just as 14 digit VIN's stamped on all major components is standard today...titling to engine number was once standard practice too. I don't see anything to fix...it is what it is and it was what it was. Having to change a number on a valid title would be akin to forcing every old car to be updated to modern safety regulations.

Now, with all that said, if I had to change the engine block in my TR2...then I would be on the line with the DMV before I did a thing, to find out what they wanted to do about the title number!

John
Southlake, TX

'55 TR2

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-06 09:14 PM by CJD.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster