Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

doctorgram Avatar
doctorgram Chester Graham
Modesto, CA, USA   USA
Ok, I'm having problems fitting my bumper on the front. I have a 58 com # 27000 something and I didn't have a bumper when i started the car ground up. Now after I bought the bumper and had it re chromed, realized it might have been on a early 57 TR3 not a TR3A and the bracket is different. I did receive the brackets for this bumper but cant get them to fit. Can some one offer some thoughts. Will I have ti get a different bumper with over rides to fit this year?
Thanks in advance

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
TR3driver Randall Y
Confusion, Los Angeles, USA   USA
TS27000 should be a 3A and AFAIK all 3A take the same front bumper.

But the bumper has to match the brackets, which in turn have to match the front apron. If someone has substituted an earlier "small mouth" apron, you'll need the earlier bumper parts to go with it, and might have to make some changes to the inner fenders.

Also, I see stuff advertised wrong all the time, mostly eBay but also on Craigslist and other venues (FB marketplace). You may just have the wrong bar.

Photos would help.

Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L Once and future daily driver
71 Stag LE1473L awaiting engine rebuild
7? Stag awaiting gearbox rebuild

CJD john durant
Southlake, TX, USA   USA
Well, if you do, indeed, have an early '57 bumper and a wide mouth car...then nothing related to that bumper will fit your car. Choices are to replace the apron with an early apron, OR get a new later bumper with later brackets. Sorry!?!

The good news is the early bumpers are re-sellable.

John
Southlake, TX

'55 TR2

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
mgruber921 Avatar
mgruber921 Marvin Gruber
Florence, AL, USA   USA
Post a picture of bumper

davem Avatar
davem dave m
vancouver island, BC, Canada   CAN
hi chester

- i have a set of the proper brackets for the tr3A $150us for the pair

-you need the correct bumper to go with the tr3A front apron + brackets

-if you wanted to use the brackets you have i suspect you would have to change to a small mouth apron

-if you are looking at new bumpers , check out "group harrington bumpers" site

-they sell stainless steel ones from vietnam that seem to be quite good and don't rust or chip

-a couple of the guys in our club have them and re quite happy with them and i have bought them for our project but haven't got that far in the rebuild yet

dave

Attachments:
DSC01798.jpg    39.6 KB
DSC01798.jpg

DSC01799.jpg    37.6 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
DSC01800.jpg    30.5 KB
DSC01801.jpg    42.2 KB
davem Avatar
davem dave m
vancouver island, BC, Canada   CAN
you should be able to sell your newly re-chromed bumper fairly easily as there is always people on this site wantingone

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster