Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

DonP Avatar
DonP Don P
Frankfort, IL, USA   USA
I'm looking into a set of bolt on Minilite style clone wheels.

They come in 6 x 15, with the correct 4 bolt pattern, that I assume works on TR6 frames.

I've always read that 5.5 inch is as wide as you can get on a TR3, without running the risk of rubbing on the frame or fender at full lock.

I'm wondering, has anyone tried 6 inch rims on a TR3? I'd probably be running them with 185 x 70 x 15 inch tires, the same size I have on my 5.5 inch wide wires.

Too wide or just right?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
TR3driver Randall Y
Confusion, Los Angeles, USA   USA
I can't answer your question, just wanted to point out that offset is critical as well.

I run 205/55 on 5.5 TR6 rims and they just barely fit. I once tried the same tires on some 5.5 alloy rims (probably originally sold for a 240Z) and they wouldn't work at all.

Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L Once and future daily driver
71 Stag LE1473L awaiting engine rebuild
7? Stag awaiting gearbox rebuild

Bill Morris Avatar
Nor Cal, USA   USA
1971 MG MGB
Don,

I have run a 3 with 6x15 american silverstones (the factory mags), but not without issues!
I ran 60 series tires and the fender lip in the back has to be bent flat and you will probably need to notch the springs as the tire will rub both of them, something to stabilize the rear axle would be good too (watts link or panhard bar).

Good luck and tell us how it worked.
Bill

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster