Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

slickfix Avatar
slickfix Greg G
Osseo, Minnesota, USA   USA
I have been researching the history of the national VTR conventions. I need help filling in a few facts.

Does anyone remember the dates of the. . .
1982 show in Northbrook, Illinois ?
1985 show in St. Charles, Illinois ?
1988 show in Dallas, Texas ?

AND, does anyone know which club hosted the. . .
2009 show in San Luis Obispo, California ?
2010 show in Jekyll Island, Georgia ?

Thanks in advance.
I have everything else going back to the beginning in 1975 to the 2018 upcoming show.

Greg G.
Osseo, MN

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
TR3driver Randall Y
Confusion, Los Angeles, USA   USA
2009 was a joint event, a combination of VTR National and Triumphest (which is a similar show only on the west coast).
The host club was Southern California Triumph Owners Association (which has recently merged with the Triumph Register of Southern California to become Triumph Club of Southern California).

Sorry, can't help with the others.

Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L Once and future daily driver
71 Stag LE1473L awaiting engine rebuild
7? Stag awaiting gearbox rebuild

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-22 03:42 PM by TR3driver.

Attachments:
TRfest 2009 flyer.JPG    64.9 KB
TRfest 2009 flyer.JPG

DerbyRam54 Neville Wardle
Branford, CT, USA   USA
I don't "remember" any of them, but since I have the memory stick with all the VTR newsletters I can try to help you out a bit.

Northbrook was held on the third weekend in August, 19th to the 22nd. The write up is in issue 34 of the newsletter.

St. Charles was held from August 15th to 18th and was described in issue 41.

I can't find anything in the newsletters about Dallas, newsletter publication became a bit sporadic towards the end of the 80s and it might have been covered in the English Channel.

San Luis Obispo was organized under the auspices of the Southern California Triumph Owners Association. It was a combined VTR National/Triumphest event and may have had other clubs involved in the organizing, it had co-chairs. There were write ups in a number of newsletters in 2009.

Jekyll Island was organized by "the Southeastern VTR Regional Committee, a group of southeastern chapters" which were as follows: Temple of Triumph, Gold Coast British Car Club, Triumph Club of N. Florida, Central Florida Triumph Register, Tampa Bay British Car Club, Triumph Club of the Carolinas, Georgia Triumph Association. The write-up was in issue 124.

As I said, this isn't from memory, it's from scanning the memory stick I bought from VTR, a pretty good deal for the money considering the effort that went in to scanning it all and way better than having to store all those issues in my small condo! Hope this helps.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
slickfix Avatar
slickfix Greg G
Osseo, Minnesota, USA   USA
Let me give you both a big THANK YOU.

When I filled in that missing information, I see I also need the dates of the 1987 VTR held in Gainsville, Georgia.

So, if anyone can supply the dates for the 1987 VTR held in Gainsville, Georgia or for the 1988 VTR in Dallas, Texas, I would be grateful.

Greg Gelhar, Historian
Minnesota Triumph Club

TR3driver Randall Y
Confusion, Los Angeles, USA   USA
Looks like GTA has those years of newsletter scanned and available on-line. Only problem, the 1987 issues are only available to GTA members. But I'll bet if you dropped a note to one of the club officers, explaining what you need and why you need it; they would be willing to look up that information for you.
http://www.gatriumph.com/officers/

Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L Once and future daily driver
71 Stag LE1473L awaiting engine rebuild
7? Stag awaiting gearbox rebuild

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster