Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

TR3driver Randall Y
Confusion, Los Angeles, USA   USA
Sad news
https://www.indianagazette.com/news/local/restaurateur-car-enthusiast-dies-at/article_ce82f23c-078d-11e9-ab32-1770f2029c1e.html

Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L Once and future daily driver
71 Stag LE1473L awaiting engine rebuild
7? Stag awaiting gearbox rebuild

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
grubscrew Avatar
grubscrew grub screw
The suburbs of, Winfield, Maryland, USA   USA
Yes, a huge loss to the LBC community.

Dave
1970 Spitfire Mk3
FDU 78359L
34/11 (Jasmine yellow/Black interior)

1962 Triumph TR3B
TCF 575L
Signal Red/Red interior

Born Loser Avatar
Born Loser Matthew Taylor
Land O Lake, FL, USA   USA
DAMN!! Literally the first person I ever spoke to, that knew British cars, when I started fixing up my first Spitfire (at age 15). I called to place an order, and could not answer enough questions for the guy on the other side of the phone to figure out what I needed - he handed the handset to Charles, and we talked for at least 30 minutes about everything I was doing, and what I was going to need. Left an impression 30+ years later that I will never forget.

He will absolutely be missed! I pray for TRF as well.

Matthew
1960 Triumph TR3a
1970 Triumph Spitfire MK 3
2012 Mini Cooper SS Convertible
2018 Jaguar F-Pace
2018 jaguar XE

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
wyatt Avatar
wyatt Silver Member Wyatt W
penguin point, drift ice, Antarctica   ATA
so sad to hear...a huge loss to the British car community, reading TRF catalogs was the closest I ever got to a degree in English Literature...RIP Charles...

I wanted to post this on the papers site but one has to be a facebook person to post,still...sad news indeed.

BL50 Avatar
BL50 Silver Member Brian Leslie
Grosse Pointe, MI, USA   USA
Great guy ... huge loss. RIP Charles.

Cargirl Kelly Dietrick
Clarks Summit, PA, USA   USA
Charles was my brother-in-law. There is a viewing tomorrow (Friday) between 2 and 7 at the Coventry Inn in Indiana. Bring your cars if you can make it. I wish I could be there but I have to be out of town. I'm going to miss him. Give him a big send off!

Kelly Dietrick

Spitnut64 Avatar
Spitnut64 Gold Member John Mills
Milwaukee, WI, USA   USA
1970 Triumph Spitfire MkIII "Sarah Jane"
I have always believed that The Roadster Factory was a parts source that genuinely sought to make our hobby better with improved quality parts; as such it raised the bar for their competition. Charles truly helped to provide all of us with a better LBC experience. I pray that he may rest in peace, and for the consolation of his family. God Bless you all.

"Given enough time, an amateur can build anything.”

- Bob Hicks (as quoted in the 1997 "Mariner’s Book Of Days"winking smiley

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster