NEVER Buying from Moss Motors EVER AGAIN

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

TR7 Spider James S
Denver, CO, USA   USA
First started out with the hardtop window not fitting right on my tr3 and they're service team being unwilling to work with me.

Then a few years ago, I bought a new radiator for the tr3 and after it was all in, leaked out of the bottom core. They blamed it on my installation....

Then last month their overdrive adaptor plate came for my overdrive and was not straight and thus leaking oil out of my transmission after it was all put back together.

Now the other day pulled a fuel pump from moss off the shelf for my tr6 and tested it today. What do you know.... Not working right and not supplying a constant stream of fuel. Must be something wrong with my installation I guess.

Don't buy these cheap, repro parts, they're pieces of sh*t.

Never again.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
wyatt Avatar
wyatt Silver Member Wyatt W
penguin point, drift ice, Antarctica   ATA
...sorry to hear that about Moss, but the repo part stuff is all to true yet the guys with short arms and deep pockets never learn about quality original but slightly used..

Tonyfixit Avatar
Tonyfixit Tony M
Duncan, BC, Canada   CAN
Moss sell the same low quality, often unsuitable aftermarket parts as other vendors, however, in my experiance, they charge higher prices that may lead buyers to believe the quality is better!

They also tend to have an 'attitude' of denial when things go wrong suggesting (or accusing) the buyer of doing something wrong. A poor way to maintain a business in my opinion.

Unfortunately thes poor quality aftermarket parts are very common in the industry these days. IMHO I belive some of these parts are dangerous if used on a car, weather because of being unsuitable for our application or just downright unsuitable for the job.

I fear it is only a matter of time before someone (or more than one) gets killed!
I fear the repercussions this may have on our hobby. Moss, and others KNOW the problem, they ARE in a position to demand better. But still they chose to 'cash in' on these super cheap unsuitable parts.

Can anybody here guess what their mark-up is on that fuel pump?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Spitfireball Avatar
Spitfireball Brian K
Morristown, NJ, USA   USA
Gotta love those Sri Lanka parts!

Hell......even Webers are Made in Spain, eh Zster!!

smiling smiley

Brian K.

GeorgeOhr Nonya Business
Yes, confused, USA   USA
In reply to # 1560371 by TR7 Spider Now the other day pulled a fuel pump from moss off the shelf for my tr6 and tested it today.

Brand new or used?

Hot Spit Avatar
Hot Spit Mike Stefanakis
Wethersfield, CT, USA   USA
I had a bad experience with Rimmer replacement parts. I ordered sun visor brackets and received something that barely resembled a correct part. Silly me, I returned it thinking I would receive credit including return postage. Credit for parts? Yes. Credit for return postage? No. I would have been better if I just kept the parts.

You be the judge. Good part is the black one.

Mike

PS: Good part is from Roadster factory

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-14 06:56 PM by Hot Spit.

Attachments:
IMG_4100.JPG    20.1 KB
IMG_4100.JPG

IMG_4101.JPG    23.1 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Tonyfixit Avatar
Tonyfixit Tony M
Duncan, BC, Canada   CAN
Moss used to be reliable suppiers of reasonable quality parts, all be it, at a price that was often a bit more than some other vendors.

Now, I sort of put them on a par with VB. Buyer beware!

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster