Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

WS-Mtns Bruce Kebbekus
Hotchkiss, CO, USA   USA
Hello all,

I was in a now dormant TR group where my car was listed, and now the webmaster from Toronto is unreachable: TRTriumph.com.

Anyway I got my TR3 in March of 1961 in Milwaukee from Baumgartner Motors. I was at UW-M and quickly joined the Sports Car Club. I participated in many rallyes and gymkanas. Ones a first overall in a Gymkana. I was in a Frostbite 500 in a blizzard in 61 and took 6th out of over 100 cars. That is like a first as I was car 61 and the fast falling snow favored the first 20 cars...it was actually a race overnight in snowdrifts over 16 inches deep.

The car went thru a (ugh) 30,000 restoration in 88-89 at a place called Lordship Antique Auto in CT....I also got ripped off.

Those days I was an amateur photographer and I have two 8x10 B&W's of the Reventlow Meisterbrau Scarabs racing in Milwaukee...one with Augie Pabst.

Being over 76 I am thinking seriously about selling it. No kids have means or places to take care of it. My mechanic has just gone thru it and it is mostly done.

Overdrive, Black, Small Grille, Red interior.

I will put up a photo soon.

PS I have a TR2 long door and a TR2 Hood!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
WS-Mtns Bruce Kebbekus
Hotchkiss, CO, USA   USA
I have had a 1955 TR2 that ran but was considered a parts car, I drove my Brother's TR-10 for 5 months, and I had a 63 TR4.

My TR3 went into barn storage from early 1967 until the fall of 76 when we got it out to a mechanic for battery and cylinder work. The mechanic didn't listen and put the battery in wrong and ruined the generator. No time to fix it since we had flown from West Hartford, CT with tools and a charger to get it in Waterford, Wisconsin. So we drove it 900 miles in 2 days only on the battery. No radio on that trip, but we found a gas station somewhere along the interstate in PA that let us use the bay to run the charger. Upon arrival in CT, the rear brake cylinder "peed" out its fluid right where we parked it.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster