Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Tonyfixit Avatar
Tonyfixit Tony M
Duncan, BC, Canada   CAN
In reply to # 1601393 by dvcasano This is a project that is well worth your effort. It made a noticeable difference in my Spit for sound and heat control. While your at it cut some ports for easy access to your transmission fill plug and your clutch slave cylinder bleed screw. For access to the transmission fill plug all you have to do is lift the carpet to remove the plug and fill the transmission. As for the left side slave cylinder you will still have to remove the center radio support structure. It saves a lot of time during my spring maintenance ritual.

I always get a kick out of seeing the molded try in the top of transmission tunnel, it reminds me of the tunnel cover on the Herald where that try was functional.

When doing mine I filled the try rim on the inside with expanding foam and shaved it back to make a more uniform surface for the insulation material.

. Hide this ad & support a small business by becoming a Gold Supporting Member
Was this post helpful or interesting?
Yes No Thank
TheZster Avatar
TheZster Steven Z
SAINT LOUIS, MO, USA   USA
1978 Triumph 1500 "BLK-BRY"
What David did - is pretty much what I did...

Installed new Poly tunnel... covered inside and outside with Home Depot insulative wrap - foil/poly combination.... Probably cost me $30 bucks total.... I sealed the junction tween new poly tunnel and firewall well, with sealant and poly/foam combo.... added a couple of extra fasteners... and Blk-Bry is now as quiet as an be - and heat from engine compartment is not an issue...… you can buy the custom system for $100+.... or go with home grown - that works as well or possibly even better...…

Z

Was this post helpful or interesting?
Yes No Thank
. Hide this ad & support a small business by becoming a Gold Supporting Member

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster