AutoShrine Sponsor

SpitMan Avatar
SpitMan Silver Member Doug Walls
Brandywine, MD, USA   USA
1970 Triumph Spitfire MkIII "Lil' Red Fox"
1998 Chevrolet Corvette "Silver Fox"
2007 Chevrolet Silverado "Workhorse"
2013 Chevrolet Malibu "Pearl Baby"
Nice video. You did well with holding the cellphone camera and shifting at the same time. Seems like a good road for your test drive.

Thanks for sharing!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Tonyfixit Avatar
Tonyfixit Tony M
Duncan, BC, Canada   CAN
In reply to # 1578428 by 65or66 fun drive!! I remember roads like that, until I was about 10. Used to go fishing with my dad in Harriman and Oak Ridge. We lived in Rockwood back then. Only flat boring stuff around where I live now.

Good drive!

What changes did you do to the suspension?

Ron Avery Avatar
Ron Avery Ron A
Oxnard, CA, USA   USA
In reply to # 1577846 by denislp2000

a fun clip.

Nice video thanks for posting it.

Ron
1972 GT 6 MK 3
1980 TR 8
1965 E-Type Jaguar
2016 Aston Martin Vantage GT
Oxnard, CA

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
poppabear Avatar
poppabear Poppa B
Briceville, TN, USA   USA
In reply to # 1578463 by Tonyfixit
In reply to # 1578428 by 65or66 fun drive!! I remember roads like that, until I was about 10. Used to go fishing with my dad in Harriman and Oak Ridge. We lived in Rockwood back then. Only flat boring stuff around where I live now.

Good drive!

What changes did you do to the suspension?

Well, if you want the many details, check out my build website in my sig, but summery is:

Red Poly bushes front, rear, and diff.
all new bolts/nuts/washers front/rear, KYB gas shocks,
all new brake parts front/rear steel braided lines, new master.
Upgraded wheel studs to 12mm rover free-lander studs and acorns

Front: 330# springs, delrin spacer, slotted/drilled disk, bearings/seals, Used "Cannelys"
trunionless vertical links and adjustable top A-Arms, adjustable, from John Wolf: adjustable swaybar links, and lower mounts with longer bolts, quick turn steering rack.

Rear: Heavy Duty (6 leaf) rear transverse spring with derin buttons, from Cannelys 3/4" drop block, longer spring studs, adjustable rear trailing arms, and Alfin rear drums, new UJ's, axles and vertical links, bearings/seals (basically rebuilt the rear with new parts and some aftermarket stuff), a rebuilt diff, (go another one I plan on putting in the Quiafe LSD machine it to accept the 3.27:1 gears (for later when I swap to the Ford 2.0L ecoboost, and T9 tranny with central throwout bearing and housing from RWD products, at that point I will do the GT6 rear-end with CV joints, honestly more for safety so if a 1/2 shaft breaks I won't spin out and crash).

Of course did my own alignment front/rear using the Tenhulzen Auto 3300 2-Wheel Alignment System. But used the spirit level trick across the rear tires to set equal tracking first.
Honestly, my website in my sig, goes into much deeper details with pics.

On a side note, even with a "Mr. Gasket" low pressure fuel regulator set at 3.5psi going to my (rebuilt) weber dgv, I just cannot get it to idle smooth (without sputtering, rough running) below 1100-1200 rpm...... My water temp stays around 160F even if just sitting with the E-Fan cycling, but I had that it sound like the engine is "Racing" a little bit when sitting at a stop light.

https://poppabear3.wixsite.com/my76spitfire

poppabear Avatar
poppabear Poppa B
In reply to # 1578437 by SpitMan Nice video. You did well with holding the cellphone camera and shifting at the same time. Seems like a good road for your test drive.

Thanks for sharing!

Hi Doug,

Yes, I ordered one of those "Go Pro" type cameras with some universal mounting stuff...... I have a "Front Camera"
mounted under my windshield mirror post that plugs into my double din head unit, but...... I noticed that the picture
quality and frame rate was very poor. So, gonna scrap that camera and mount and go for a Go Pro type unit perhaps mounted
to my head or off of the passenger side head rest post.........
I am just not skilled enough to drive those twisties at the speed I really want to drive them at, shift, and hold a cell phone... sad smiley

Thanks for looking!
Scott

Tonyfixit Avatar
Tonyfixit Tony M
Duncan, BC, Canada   CAN
Recently the turn signal flasher modual started flashing in Morse code (irregular ) , this was an electronic unit that was taken from a Police Crown Vic patrol car (long story) but it happened to work well with my LED turn signal lights.

I ordered a replacment from ebay. I never remember these things so I order on line before I forget ;-)

The modual is a 2 pin listed for a motorcycle, it is suitable for LED light and the flash timing is adjustable.

It turns out, without adjustment it works great!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-2-Pin-Motorcycle-Blinker-Adjustable-LED-Flasher-Relay-Turn-Signal-Indicator/332842838161?_sp=p2488211.m41214.l9765&_trkparms=itemid:332842838161&pageci=e0b3e815-c341-4c21-82d1-d78e576b871d&epid=18005825147&redirect=mobile

Oops, wrong forum.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-14 10:33 PM by Tonyfixit.

poppabear Avatar
poppabear Poppa B
Well tried a go-pro style video recorder, and was not that impressed,
it has a funny sound to me, and the picture washes out... but, it could
be I am not setting some perimeters right on the recorder...
Honestly, I think my cell phone has better audio/video, I might look for
a "Cell Phone" mount to get better vids.

video: https://www.facebook.com/scott.shafer.792/videos/1986100511426485/

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-16 05:09 PM by poppabear.

skyking1231 Avatar
skyking1231 Silver Member Frank Strobel
Mt. Sinai, NY, USA   USA
1975 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Lil' Rose"
In reply to # 1578936 by poppabear Well tried a go-pro style video recorder, and was not that impressed,
it has a funny sound to me, and the picture washes out... but, it could
be I am not setting some perimeters right on the recorder...
Honestly, I think my cell phone has better audio/video, I might look for
a "Cell Phone" mount to get better vids.

video: https://www.facebook.com/scott.shafer.792/videos/1986100511426485/

is that an 'infotainment' screen in the dash ?!?

poppabear Avatar
poppabear Poppa B
Yes:
Double din, android OS, am/fm/cd/dvd/usb/sd/blue-tooth/wifi/gps/reverse-camera, and of course front/rear speakers, I did not bother adding an amp for a sub or anything like that, it is the same head unit as in a Chevy Suburban, found the manufacture was of course in China, so bought the unit off of Ebay for 114 bucks, Chevy wants 10 times that for the same unit........

Hardrocker99 Avatar
Hardrocker99 Mark Clark
TROY, NC, USA   USA
Here is "Flo", my running and driving project '79 Spit 1500 at the top of Morrow Mountain, here is beautiful North Carolina, USA.

Attachments:
Morrow Mt car.jpg    68.1 KB
Morrow Mt car.jpg

Hardrocker99 Avatar
Hardrocker99 Mark Clark
TROY, NC, USA   USA
This is "Flo", my '79 Spit 1500 running and driving project at the top of Morrow Mountain here in beautiful North Carolina.

Attachments:
Morrow Mt car.jpg    68.1 KB
Morrow Mt car.jpg

snptunes Avatar
snptunes Steve Paddack
Belford, NJ, USA   USA
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Snpfire"
My Spit 6 / Esther..

1977 Spit 6

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-06 01:27 PM by snptunes.

GT6CA Russell F
Petaluma, CA, USA   USA
Decided that as i had to buy some new tires i would change the wheels as well, the reason? The original wires are looking tired and there is some play in the splines, with the Rimmer 17% off sale over thanksgiving it was all i needed to treat myself to some Minilites.
The old wires were fitted with 175/80-13's which looked wrong so i went with the original 155/80-13's which for me look a whole lot better.

I am very pleased

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-09 07:36 PM by GT6CA.

Attachments:
Minilite.jpeg    68.5 KB
Minilite.jpeg

PDSmith Avatar
PDSmith Paul Smith
Aiken, SC, USA   USA
Looks great!

FrankD Avatar
FrankD Frank D
Doylestown, PA, USA   USA
Love it!

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster