Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

pfenlon peter fenlon
romiley, cheshire, UK   GBR
Hello Martin,

please excuse me for not answering your first message, Its my first time here for a long long time, and I couldn't find a way to answer you.

Your quite correct the old Red Tomato in my garage is my 1972 DeTomaso Pantera GTS (Euro model) I bought it as a tired old girl in 2013 and have been restoring it ever since.
here are a couple of better pics .
I brought a Pantera back from Saudi Arabia back in 1980, I found it outside a flat in Dammam covered in dust engine bust.
Got it home met my wife 2 ankle biters arrived and it had to go!

but I sold my old TR4 in 2013 and with the proceeds bought the Red Tomato, its a grand old girl too. best Peter

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
P1060554.JPG    46.4 KB
P1060554.JPG

P1060558.JPG    51 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
TheZster Avatar
TheZster Steven Z
SAINT LOUIS, MO, USA   USA
1978 Triumph 1500 "BLK-BRY"
Pantera was, and still is,,,,,,, a very, very pretty car...….

Correct me if I'm wrong.... doesn't she come factory with a Ford Drivetrain?? I just seem to recall something like that.....

Z

pfenlon peter fenlon
romiley, cheshire, UK   GBR
No the drivetrain was part of the reason the car development wasn't progressed.

The transaxle was the same one that was used in the Le Mans winning Ford GT 40 cars, a ZF unit .
ZF could not make them as fast as Ford demanded, and they were hyper expensive.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Peytonmac16 Avatar
Peytonmac16 Peyton McAllister
Swanton, VT, USA   USA
Purchased this ‘78 spit in NH this August. Its my first car and I am absolutely in love! Currently my daily while I am at school until thanksgiving. Engine runs like a clock, but I have replaced the master and slave cylinders for the cluch and am replacing the starter on wednesday. Besides that It has been reliable (knock on wood) and amazing fun!

Attachments:
54ACC385-DAF2-48FB-9AFA-F7AE8DDED34B.jpeg    53.9 KB
54ACC385-DAF2-48FB-9AFA-F7AE8DDED34B.jpeg

931D1860-09CF-4EFB-AE1E-98C7085A4F3E.jpeg    62.5 KB
C903A5EC-E147-438A-B069-5C72177B0DE2.jpeg    53.9 KB
11B89137-10A7-4E92-9BAF-2609DD15AA3F.jpeg    96.1 KB
Doug in Vegas Avatar
Doug in Vegas Douglas D
Las Vegas, NV, USA   USA
Beware of salt on the roads.

Peytonmac16 Avatar
Swanton, VT, USA   USA
It will be put into climate controlled storage around thanksgiving

Doug in Vegas Avatar
Doug in Vegas Douglas D
Las Vegas, NV, USA   USA
In reply to # 1573444 by Peytonmac16 It will be put into climate controlled storage around thanksgiving

Is that over the river and through the woods?

brucejon Avatar
brucejon Gold Member Bruce Jones
Santa Cruz, CA, USA   USA
1960 Triumph TR3A
1963 Triumph TR3B "Tupperware TR3"
1969 Triumph Spitfire MkIII
1972 Triumph TR6
In reply to # 1573320 by Peytonmac16 Purchased this ‘78 spit in NH this August. Its my first car and I am absolutely in love! Currently my daily while I am at school until thanksgiving. Engine runs like a clock, but I have replaced the master and slave cylinders for the cluch and am replacing the starter on wednesday. Besides that It has been reliable (knock on wood) and amazing fun!

Congrats! My first was a 64 spitfire. There is nothing like your first love....

60 TR3A (red), 62 TR3B project, 72 TR6, 69 Mk3 Spitfire EU setup
https://spitfiremk3.wordpress.com

Peytonmac16 Avatar
Swanton, VT, USA   USA
It really has been an amazing learning experience, a labor of love for sure!

denislp2000 Avatar
denislp2000 Gold Member Denis Palmer
Tulsa, OK, USA   USA

a fun clip.

byakk0 Avatar
byakk0 Hazen Wardle
Boise, ID, USA   USA
Been busy with life so I haven't had much time for the GT6 recently, but since the beginning of summer I have managed to massage the nose back into shape, lowered the engine by removing unneeded shims at the mounts (valve cover was contacting the bonnet) and I removed the lower valance to beat out the dents there. No pics of the valance yet but I have a video I plan on posting eventually.
So close to paint but it will have to wait till warmer weather and a fatter wallet

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~Hazen.

snptunes Avatar
snptunes Steve Paddack
Belford, NJ, USA   USA
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Snpfire"
My Latest update of my 1977 Spit 6

New are my 5.5 x 13 " TR7 rims ,

hooked up all my heater hoses, and replaced the front crank seal and collar , new intake gasket and exhaust studs and gasket.. so now, NO ! more leaks and rides and looks wonderful. if i may say so..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-12 02:52 PM by snptunes.

Attachments:
20181112_112623.jpg    102 KB
20181112_112623.jpg

20181111_155539.jpg    68.9 KB
Hot Spit Avatar
Hot Spit Mike Stefanakis
Wethersfield, CT, USA   USA
In reply to # 1578118 by snptunes My Latest update of my 1977 Spit 6

New are my 5.5 x 13 " TR7 rims ,

hooked up all my heater hoses, and replaced the front crank seal and collar , new intake gasket and exhaust studs and gasket.. so now, NO ! more leaks and rides and looks wonderful. if i may say so..

" looks wonderful. if i may say so.."

Yes it does!

Mike

poppabear Avatar
poppabear Poppa B
Briceville, TN, USA   USA
Took her out on the road for a shake down/test ride!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, the new suspension (and components) MAN what a difference. No rattles, shakes, or other noises, super flat/solid in the turns, no more elliptical motion of the rear end around bumpy corners..... what a COMPLETELY awesome ride!! I went up part of the "Devils Triangle" (the little dragon), that is part of the road I live on, and hit the three main hair-pins (switch backs), You will have to excuse the crazy video, I was trying to hold my phone to film, and shift/drive at the same time, marginally successful. Car ran GREAT.......... until.. I pulled into the drive way, I was going to adjust the idle on my car when my BRAND NEW top radiator hose BLEW it split longitudinally. Well at least that happened at home, in my driveway!! Ordered 2 new ones this time from Spit Bits instead of VB....... must say, NOT happy with the lack of quality of that hose. I had also replaced the radiator thermostat and gasket and she did NOT run hotter than 160 degrees F, in 3 hours of driving, to include haul'n ass up that curvy road!

https://poppabear3.wixsite.com/my76spitfire

65or66 Jim B
Lake village, IN, USA   USA
1965 Triumph Spitfire MkII
1971 Triumph Stag
1973 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Jusanudda Munny Pit"
fun drive!! I remember roads like that, until I was about 10. Used to go fishing with my dad in Harriman and Oak Ridge. We lived in Rockwood back then. Only flat boring stuff around where I live now.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster