Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Bpt70gt Avatar
Bpt70gt Brian T
Westmoreland, NH, USA   USA
Welcome to the forum. On occasion we cruise over in your area, sometimes there is a group of us from the British Cars of New Hampshire touring around.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
3336 Richard K
Norridge, IL, USA   USA
I bought my 1977 Triumph Spitfire new off the show room floor for $5,000 with the idea of using it for a 20 mile commute in Chicago. Needless to say that did not last long but 77,000 miles and 2 engine transplants later I am still using it around town in the summer.

Rich

Attachments:
A3813EE6-1B11-43EA-BEF7-3C01B06DA705.jpeg    62.2 KB
A3813EE6-1B11-43EA-BEF7-3C01B06DA705.jpeg

TheZster Avatar
TheZster Steven Z
SAINT LOUIS, MO, USA   USA
1978 Triumph 1500 "BLK-BRY"
Nice story...... but photo: File not found.....

Z

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Ron Avery Avatar
Ron Avery Ron A
Oxnard, CA, USA   USA
In reply to # 1308650 by rpierce Thanks, built it as a father son project to make it a tribute to Kas Kastner and the original Macau. Shawn Frank has followed our build in the Spitfire & GT6 magazine for the past four issues. latest one should be out soon.
I just found this thread, and post. Is there a Spitfire GT 6 magazine? If so how do I find it on line to purchase a kksubscription? I just purchased the White1972 GT 6 with the group 44 decals on Bring a Trailer, and would love to read up on these cool cars.

Ron
1972 GT 6 MK 3
1980 TR 8
1965 E-Type Jaguar
2016 Aston Martin Vantage GT
Oxnard, CA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-13 09:41 AM by Ron Avery.

grubscrew Avatar
grubscrew grub screw
The suburbs of, Winfield, Maryland, USA   USA
You could google it, Ron.

Dave
1970 Spitfire Mk3
FDU 78359L
34/11 (Jasmine yellow/Black interior)

1962 Triumph TR3B
TCF 575L
Signal Red/Red interior

3336 Richard K
Norridge, IL, USA   USA
Missing photo

Attachments:
58D3C24A-C8CA-4652-9704-EC8D4F41B848.jpeg    62.8 KB
58D3C24A-C8CA-4652-9704-EC8D4F41B848.jpeg

Ron Avery Avatar
Ron Avery Ron A
Oxnard, CA, USA   USA
In reply to # 1578121 by grubscrew You could google it, Ron.

You are correct, I guess I should have first. I did get a link to the magazine that is now digital only and many of the links on the main page don’t work.

Ron
1972 GT 6 MK 3
1980 TR 8
1965 E-Type Jaguar
2016 Aston Martin Vantage GT
Oxnard, CA

Doug in Vegas Avatar
Doug in Vegas Douglas D
Las Vegas, NV, USA   USA
In reply to # 1578252 by Ron Avery
In reply to # 1578121 by grubscrew You could google it, Ron.

You are correct, I guess I should have first. I did get a link to the magazine that is now digital only and many of the links on the main page don’t work.

I don't think there's been an update since I first saw it on earthlink dialup.

Yellowhawk Valley Avatar
walla walla, WA, USA   USA
1969 Triumph Spitfire "Walla Walla"
1969 Triumph Spitfire "Portland"
1972 Triumph Spitfire MkIV "Spokane"
1975 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Dayton"    & more
I don't think the magazine has any new issues since it folded a couple of years ago. Shawn has maintained the web page as it has a lot of great information. He maintains all the digitals, they are of previous copies of the magazine. I think he has a lot of them available now.
Dan

Dan Aycock
Walla Walla, Wa.
Yellowhawk Valley Spitfires
69, 69, 72, 75, 78, 79 Spitfires

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia   AUS
My daughter has a 65 Mk2 Spit here in Melb Aus she's had it for 18 years now, we brought it as a near complete restoration.
Here in Vic Australia when cars are registered their ID is by their engine number with the Comm No being secondary info.
By the engine No. in the car it was first registered in 1965, being an Aust (AMI) assembled car from CKD kit, the Comm No. was an equally low number as recorded on the Vic Roads Registration card/record, these numbers would indicate a Mk1, but being a CKD these numbers don't mean continunity as parts could be held for months/year awaiting other box's of parts for assembly to arrive ex UK .
Now scroll forward to 2001 when purchased by us, we believe its on its 3rd chassis, all equally low < FC10,700, but the Comm No is now FC55865, a check with British Motoring Heritage (BMHIT) advises that FC55865L was a US Delivery, now there is NO "L" on our Comm plate which is obviously old & with aged patina. Body was Paint 32, Signal Red, &Trim 11, Black with white trim, it now Royal Blue with wedgewood trim, can't find any evidence of red paint?

Question does anyone who frequents the Triumph Experience Forum know of Comm No FC55865L in the USA, & provide any history pre 2000, that is assuming it is actually a US car, I can't find any evidence of a LHD to RHD conversion, eg filled steering column bulkhead holes, plug welds around battery box, or joined panels near pedal mounts. In fact the car had the correct RHD throttle rods bar and linkages (horrible system now cable!).

Regards
Peter T

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster