AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

carChips Avatar
carChips Victor Harnish
Kelowna, BC, Canada   CAN
1933 MG Magnette
1973 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Chip"
1989 GMC Sierra 1500 "Bush Truck"
Was that header listed as a 4-2-1 or just a header? I'd contact seller.
The primary runners don't have to be very long because the exhaust pulses are split between the two header parts, just as long as they arrive at the final collector individually.

In reply to # 1594743 by mtnwings Hi, The 4-2-1 headers I found on ebay just came in, great price but no collector from 2 to 1. My question is this: The ports are round not oblong like most all headers I have seen, 1 3/8 inch diameter. Also they are shorter than ones I see on line, only 13 inches from head to collector. Any idea what these are? I can match the ports, no problem but should they be longer for better performance? Also, the collector from 4 to 2 ends up just 1 1/4 diameter , shouldn't that be larger? I believe the four pipes from the head are 1/1/4 wont that cause a lot of back pressure? I can cut the collector up 1/2 an inch and weld on larger diameter 2 into 1 pipes to the exhaust system, any thoughts?
Thanks
Greg

'S all for now
Vic

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
rich wino Richard Ruggiero
wallingford, CT, USA   USA
I would think 4 carbs or two 2bbl carbs side draft would be best. A manifold straight in no bends and ram pipes will give a good ram effect. Then if you get the air/fuel mix right your golden. Two 1bbl carbs into 4 cyl like the su's is a proven system and seems to be easy to set up. Getting the mix in and getting the spent gasses out has more to do with the head and exhaust. Bottom line if you got the right mix going in at the time that cyl wants it the cyl does not really care how it got there. So if you are a Weber dcoe fan or a motorcycle carb fan it might come down to that or might come down to what you think looks better under the bonnet. I agree with Carter unless you are going to race it this might be splitting hairs. If you are thinking of going this far I would just go FI.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1965 Triumph Spitfire 4 MkI

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links