AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

MHKflyer52 Avatar
MHKflyer52 Martin Keller
Ventura, CA, USA   USA
Hello Everyone,

Don’t forget that this Sunday is Drive your Triumph Day so get your Triumph out and take a photo of your drive / car and post it up so everyone can see it.
Also post it to this email address so the rest of the world will see it. DriveYourTriumphDay@gmail.com.

This event was conceived by Rye Livingston of the Triumph Travelers and I’ll copy a bit of the email he sent out here for you:

Dear Fellow Triumph Owner,

It’s time to make plans for Drive Your Triumph Day, February 10, 2019.

My name is Rye Livingston and I’m with the Triumph Travelers Sports Car Club in Northern California, which is celebrating our 60th anniversary.

As you may remember a few years ago, I encouraged members of our club to drive their Triumphs on February 10th, to celebrate Sir John Black’s Birthday, the man who organized Standard’s purchase of Triumph after the war, and went on to make the cars we enjoy driving today.

The first year about half a dozen members participated, and it’s been building momentum every year since. Last year I received about 250 photos from all over the world: Scotland, Ireland, the UK, New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, Uruguay, Netherlands, Switzerland, Finland, Canada, Holland, Czech Republic, and of course all over the USA. I’m hoping to double that number this year!

Hopefully the weather cooperates in your part of the world this year. You can take a look at pictures from previous “Drive Your Triumph Day” and get some more information here:
https://driveyourtriumphday.shutterfly.com/

Have fun and drive safe and get those Triumphs out for a drive rain or shine.

cool smiley

Martin Keller
Ventura, CA.
1971 Triumph GT6 (A work always in progress.)

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
TheZster Avatar
TheZster Steven Z
SAINT LOUIS, MO, USA   USA
1978 Triumph 1500 "BLK-BRY"
You guys get out there and DO IT.... I'll be "unavailable"... sob sob..... Blk-Bry is still in temp storage.... and not driveable till I pull her out....

Look forward to everyone's pics..... (you too Carter with a EFI/turbo/Diesel/V-8/whatever - you've got hidden in your garage)... LOL ( We hear a lot about your plans... but never see the fruition....)….

Z

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-08 05:51 PM by TheZster.

Wolfcreek Steve Steve P
Central, WI, USA   USA
1937 Dodge Magnum "The Dodge"
1947 Unknown Unknown "My Autocar"
1980 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Vicki's Little Red Car"
I think someone is smoking wacky tabaky!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_1892.JPG    39.1 KB
IMG_1892.JPG

IMG_2319.JPG    43.6 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
IMG_2299.JPG    16.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
DerbyRam54 Neville Wardle
Branford, CT, USA   USA
I think those of us in the colder/snowier parts of the country should honour Harry Webster (May 27th) or Giovanni Michelotti (October 6th). They arguably had much more to do with our cars than John Black and the roads should be salt free for their birthdays.

Yellowhawk Valley Avatar
walla walla, WA, USA   USA
1969 Triumph Spitfire "Walla Walla"
1969 Triumph Spitfire "Portland"
1972 Triumph Spitfire MkIV "Spokane"
1975 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Dayton"    & more
I'm with Neville, driving through 6-8 inches of snow on Sunday will not be on my menu.
Dan

Dan Aycock
Walla Walla, Wa.
Yellowhawk Valley Spitfires
69, 69, 72, 75, 78, 79 Spitfires

65or66 Jim B
Lake village, IN, USA   USA
1965 Triumph Spitfire MkII
1971 Triumph Stag
1973 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Jusanudda Munny Pit"
our snow is gone, for now, replaced by a different white crystalline substance on the roads along with below zero wind chills. Thats in Foreign-Heat for our metric friendsgrinning smiley

Of course, the fact that I have no roadworthy Triumphs has nothing to do with itsad smiley

Hopefully the pics will kick me off center

Doug in Vegas Avatar
Doug in Vegas Douglas D
Las Vegas, NV, USA   USA
In reply to # 1595185 by DerbyRam54 I think those of us in the colder/snowier parts of the country should honour Harry Webster (May 27th) or Giovanni Michelotti (October 6th). They arguably had much more to do with our cars than John Black and the roads should be salt free for their birthdays.

When I was snowed in I always pictured the classic Saint Bernard rescue dog with a barrel of booze hanging under it's chin.

MHKflyer52 Avatar
MHKflyer52 Martin Keller
Ventura, CA, USA   USA
In reply to # 1595184 by Wolfcreek Steve I think someone is smoking wacky tabaky!

In reply to # 1595205 by Doug in Vegas
In reply to # 1595185 by DerbyRam54 I think those of us in the colder/snowier parts of the country should honour Harry Webster (May 27th) or Giovanni Michelotti (October 6th). They arguably had much more to do with our cars than John Black and the roads should be salt free for their birthdays.

When I was snowed in I always pictured the classic Saint Bernard rescue dog with a barrel of booze hanging under it's chin.

Steve, now with the photos of the snow I sure hope your shovel is short or that is a drift and not we’re you Triumph is parked.....
Maybe you should post that photo with the caption “ Triumph is located behind shovel handle “ or something like that.....grinning smiley

Martin Keller
Ventura, CA.
1971 Triumph GT6 (A work always in progress.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-09 11:24 AM by MHKflyer52.

davetalbert Dave Talbert
Fort Wayne, IN, USA   USA
That really is a cool concept - I love looking through those photos and look forward to what this year's day will bring.

But if the idea is to make it as big as possible, the selection of a date in February - with all due respect to Sir John - might warrant a rethink.

Kudos, regardless, to all who participate. I'd like to, as well, but mine's not coming out for a few weeks yet.

grubscrew Avatar
grubscrew grub screw
The suburbs of, Winfield, Maryland, USA   USA
I think Rye has stated elsewhere that he realiazes depending on where you are in the world, your February picture might just be of your car sitting forlornly waiting for better weather. In other words, just take a picture and post what 'cha got!

Dave
1970 Spitfire Mk3
FDU 78359L
34/11 (Jasmine yellow/Black interior)

1962 Triumph TR3B
TCF 575L
Signal Red/Red interior

sampattr250 Avatar
sampattr250 Sam P
Harwinton, CT, USA   USA
After a day of rain and windy afternoon to remove salt and moisture from roads, I took a drive last night to test my headlights that I put on around Christmas. It was a brisk 20 Deg F.

The LiteZup LED conversion are super bright. Much to the dismay of oncoming traffic.smoking smiley

Unfortunately I was so focused on driving and (playing with my headlights) that I did not see a pothole and damn near came to a stop from 35 mph.

Time to put it back in the garage after a thorough cleaning.

Hopefully I'll be driving with Neville and the rest of the club on the other dates.

Sam

1968 TR250
1972 MK IV Spitfire

davetalbert Dave Talbert
Fort Wayne, IN, USA   USA
In reply to # 1595294 by grubscrew I think Rye has stated elsewhere that he realiazes depending on where you are in the world, your February picture might just be of your car sitting forlornly waiting for better weather. In other words, just take a picture and post what 'cha got!

Fair enough. 'Photograph Your Triumph Day', then; and one can see easily by the photos that loads of folks with garaged cars have done just that. No quarrels with that, obviously.

But given the reality that so few of these are daily drivers anymore, I really like the concept of a massive literal 'Drive Your Triumph' day … one in which as many of them as possible will be on the roads, and in which we'll all just be a little more likely to spot fellow enthusiasts. Seeing one while I'm in my Mazda is nice. And I'm sure some others see mine when I'm in it, and they're in whatever they're driving. But seeing each other … that's cool. It used to happen a lot when I was a kid back in the 80s, but it just doesn't happen much anymore.

sampattr250 Avatar
sampattr250 Sam P
Harwinton, CT, USA   USA
Doug,

Now that your in Vegas. Send him our Way. I could go for some nice Italian brandy. smileys with beer

In reply to # 1595205 by Doug in Vegas

[/quote]

Sam

1968 TR250
1972 MK IV Spitfire

Notti Avatar
Notti Eric N
San Dimas, CA, USA   USA
About that driving your Spitfire thing...

Attachments:
20190122_101021.jpg    60.7 KB
20190122_101021.jpg

gfe05111952 Avatar
gfe05111952 George Earwaker
Falls Church, VA, USA   USA
In reply to # 1595203 by 65or66 our snow is gone, for now, replaced by a different white crystalline substance on the roads …

The same holds true for the roads here in Northern Virginia. I was considering a short drive for the occasion, but VDOT started spreading brine solution yesterday, and now the roads are white with it. So much for Drive your Triumph Day this year, but I'll be out when the roads have been washed clean of chemicals. thumbs up

George
1967 Triumph GT6
1967 Triumph Spitfire4 Mk2
1968 Triumph Spitfire Mk3

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster