Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Smithisretired Avatar
Smithisretired Michael Smith
Wells, ME, USA   USA
Interesting that the diagrams are all wrong. The Haynes manuals (US & UK versions show the same orientation, with the reverse lever attached to the right side of teh transmission (looking forward). Again, unless I am wrong, the photograph provided appears to be looking backward, in which case the reverse selector is on the left

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Lizzard d id
san jose, CA, USA   USA
https://www.triumphexp.com/phile/8/115540/20190201_120016.jpg

This photo above seems to show it being in 3 gears at one time .

I'm thinking that the slot made up of the three forks should be in the middleish of the opening . As shown in the photo they all seem to be lined up "shifted" .

Lizzard d id
san jose, CA, USA   USA
In reply to # 1595336 by Smithisretired Interesting that the diagrams are all wrong. The Haynes manuals (US & UK versions show the same orientation, with the reverse lever attached to the right side of teh transmission (looking forward). Again, unless I am wrong, the photograph provided appears to be looking backward, in which case the reverse selector is on the left
People who draw pictures don't always know cars and parts . Sometimes they draw things as best they can and never know what the parts do .

Part of what I taught technicians to do was the flow chart . Repair people who had no idea would be taught how to do a flow chart , once all the parts were identified and their purpose identified ...

I did one flow chart with a team who could not identify the parts use or name . It ended up being labeled rosebud . I still laugh , in the middle of technical name and explanations was "rosebud" . Buried deep within the mechanism was a "rosebud". Any one in the future who pulled out that flow chart to better understand the machine would come across "rosebud" in the chart . I wonder how many looked back and forth , chart / part / chart and thought to themselves WTF is this ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-09 02:22 PM by Lizzard.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
jameyemail Avatar
jameyemail jamey winchester
portland, OR, USA   USA
so....I got it to go into gear1...2...3...4.... bit wont budge the reverse. not with the clutch in or out...nor will it with the Engine on or off...ideas, Gentlemen?

Notti Avatar
Notti Eric N
San Dimas, CA, USA   USA
Get a circular driveway.

Lizzard d id
san jose, CA, USA   USA
In reply to # 1596064 by jameyemail so....I got it to go into gear1...2...3...4.... bit wont budge the reverse. not with the clutch in or out...nor will it with the Engine on or off...ideas, Gentlemen?
What is and is not assembled at this point ?

If you have the top of the transmission off can you move the reverse gear back and forth ? Will the reverse gear move/spin on its shaft when it is in its neutral position ?
What do the teeth look like ? Are they ground up / broken ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-12 07:51 PM by Lizzard.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster