Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Price: Various
Rob.Futcher Rob Futcher
Cincinnati, OH, USA   USA
Has anyone heard from John recently? After my rant back in August, he promised to get the gearbox to me. After many texts and calls, he has now been silent again for many weeks. 11 months after he cashed my check, I still do not have the promised goods. Buyer beware.

. Hide this ad & support a small business by becoming a Gold Supporting Member
Was this post helpful or interesting?
Yes No Thank
auprichard Andrew Uprichard
Jackson, MI, USA   USA
I hate to hear stories like this. Maybe there is a genuine reason (the guy is dead or incapacitated), but if not, he joins a small group of people who take advantage of the larger group of honest, trusting TR owners who are some of the best people I know.

I got caught in an eBay scam last year and lost a lot of money. I am over it now (and thankfully my wife was very supportive) but it was tough and I guess I am much more cynical than I'd like us to be.

Please keep us posted and good luck!

Andrew

Yes No Thank
billspit Bill Kea
Moore, Spartanburg, SC, USA   USA
This is the sort of experience that keeps me from doing long distance transactions.

Yes No Thank
CFMTR3A Avatar
CFMTR3A Carl M
Tampa, FL, USA   USA
Where is he located? Maybe someone local can PI him..

Yes No Thank
pop5948 Avatar
pop5948 Silver Member Wayne Telman
Townville, SC, USA   USA
Old and Dusty - A disappointing experience. I had ordered a TR 3 bumper from him. He sent photos of the item. It looked good. Sent the check and waited weeks. Same litany of correspondence over the weeks with no results. Finally, fed up, I stopped payment on the check. Communicated same to him. He tried to "right the wrong" by stating that he would send the bumper and could pay him after receipt. Not the way I do business. Cost of my lesson with Old & Dusty was $26 - the check cancellation fee. This is the first time I have had a bad experience with anyone on this forum. Most of us are honest and trustworthy.

Yes No Thank
dherr2 Avatar
dherr2 David Herr
Adamstown, MD, USA   USA
1972 Triumph Spitfire MkIV "Rat Rod"
That is shame as I have had great luck here on the forum with honest descriptions and delivery as advertised.

Yes No Thank
wyatt Avatar
wyatt Silver Member Wyatt W
penguin point, drift ice, Antarctica   ATA
....I've been beat up a time or two also...once on VTR from a real scam artist, he got several of us,and once from a friend during a time of British car discontent with my wife.........sad smiley

Yes No Thank
Safari Avatar
Safari Jim C
New Orleans, LA, USA   USA
I have bought several big ticket items here over the years with out the least bit of issues. When a seller tells you wait to rec. the goods then send me the check you know they are trusting and honest.
Only takes one experience to sour you on doing business from a distance.

Thanks Jim

1957 TR3
1958 MGA
1976 TR6
1963 Austin Healey BJ7
1967 Mustang GTA
2005 Lotus Elise
2013 MINI Roadster R59

Yes No Thank
Rob.Futcher Rob Futcher
Cincinnati, OH, USA   USA
Mailing address is in Gardena, Ca.

Thanks for the comments/suggestions. If anything positive develops, I'll let you know.

Yes No Thank
mgruber921 Avatar
mgruber921 Marvin Gruber
Florence, AL, USA   USA
I almost got taken a couple of months ago on Ebay, won an aution on a TR4. Guy wanted pmt before he would tell me where the car was located. Told him I would pay cash when I picked it up. Never heard from him again. I reported to Ebay, they later. gave me bad rating for not paying.
Marv

Yes No Thank
chris Avatar
chris Platinum Member Chris Roop
Pendleton, OR, USA   USA

Used parts are negotiable; they look better on your car than in my shop.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-28 10:39 AM by chris.

Member Services:
Used English car parts.
Yes No Thank
pop5948 Avatar
pop5948 Silver Member Wayne Telman
Townville, SC, USA   USA
Unbelievable!

Yes No Thank
Spiffy Avatar
Spiffy James P
Kirkwood, MO, USA   USA
1968 Triumph GT6 "Little E"
1968 Triumph Spitfire MkIII "Spiffy"
1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Little Brit AKA El Diablo Rojo"
1985 Honda MC CB450SC "Blue Angel"    & more
Several months ago I sent John Nichols money for an NOS AMCO tonneau cover for my 74 Spitfire 1500 that he had listed. He sent the wrong cover initially. After emailing him, I waited some time before receiving the correct tonneau. The second tonneau was a new old stock cover so I returned the cover that he had initially sent in error.
Altogether, it took two months to finally get a tonneau that fit my Spit, and the snaps do not match the position of those on my car.

Yes No Thank
tirnipgreen Avatar
tirnipgreen Silver Member Ryals Cheek
Ellijay, GA, USA   USA
1965 Triumph TR4 "YANG"
The guy in PRIOR LAKE, MINNESOTA is a real piece of work. I have absolutely no time for a word he might utter. When men make deals, they stick to their word. He did not and the fenders we agreed upon went elsewhere. A rare case in the Triumph world and a stain that will never come out.

Yes No Thank
79bluespit Avatar
79bluespit Rick Lazio
Burlington, ON, Canada   CAN
this really stinks. so far good luck,,, but i haven't spent more than 250 yet on distant transactions. the problem i see is that even though we know old n dusty is a fraud... he could easily make up a new identity and we'd be non the wiser. maybe the buy n sell here can rate members by star that others can rate. true - anyone selling or buying something for the first time would have zero feedback, but at least we can judge risk a bit better.

+1 Yes No Thank
  Rob.Futcher thanked 79bluespit for this post

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster