Registry: 1980 Triumph Spitfire 1500
Mike Japp's 1980 Triumph Spitfire 1500 – “Blue Lighting”
to vote for this car or add your vehicles
Notice that the hood (bonnet) has an unusual design stripe with the Triumph laurel wreath logo. I have not seen that anywhere else.
I replaced the seat belts and the fuel pump to electric. I removed the bumper sticker, but both bumpers are in sad shape and replacements don't seem to be available. Then I did chrome bumper conversion on the rear and will do the front later. I have the old bumper and hardware.
Some time ago, the seats were replaced with older 1960's Spitfire or other seats, so it needs the 1500 seats with the upper head rest part.
UPDATE: I've decided to sell in order to focus on restoration of my yellow Spitfire which I have owned since I was 16. Willing to sell this blue Spitfire to a buyer with more free time and work space.
More Recent repairs:
1. Tested electric fan, it works on the battery but does not start up when car is running and gets hot. So thermostat may be bad.
2. Rebuilt rear brakes. Wheel cylinders were seized. Replaced cylinders, springs, clips, pins, and shoes.
3. Replaced electric fuel pump back to manual. Installed a new manual fuel pump.
|Owner:||Mike Japp [mikejapp]|
|Location:||Pensacola, FL, USA|
|Current Colour:||Pagent Blue|
|Transmission:||4-speed no overdrive|
|Last Updated:||2017-11-10 08:49:19|
Leave a Comment
This vehicle's information was last updated on 2017-11-10 08:49:19
- Changes from 2017-11-10 08:49:19 to previous 2017-11-10 08:39:56
- Nickname Blue → Blue Lighting
- Changes from 2017-07-13 11:57:20 to previous 2017-04-25 11:13:40
- Mileage 55,520 → 55,570
- Changes from 2017-04-25 11:13:40 to previous 2017-02-10 15:44:40
- Nickname added Blue
- Changes from 2016-07-05 09:48:07 to previous 2016-07-05 09:45:32
- Trans Type added 4-speed no overdrive
- Changes from 2016-04-28 15:12:02 to previous 2016-04-27 21:13:03
- Vin LATER1980 → TFVDW2AT0036XX
|Apr 7, 2016||Mike Japp||Added to Registry (ID 33608)|
If this vehicle has been sold and you are the new owner, sign up to become a member (or if you're already a member, make sure you are signed in) and ask the current owner to click the "Transfer Vehicle" button from this car's page. If you have any difficulty with the process, please contact the webmaster.