Registry: 1980 Triumph Spitfire 1500
Mike Japp's 1980 Triumph Spitfire 1500 – “Speed Racer”
to vote for this car or add your vehicles
It still has the original sales window sticker and owner's manuals, plus a few early maintenance receipts. The hardtop, tonneau cover, convertible top and it's cover, are all intact. Original USA-spec smog equipment is included but not installed (in a box).
A few repairs are needed but I will try to leave it as original as possible.
In the first 3 months I've repaired:
1. The brake light foot pedal switch quit right before the show, so I ordered three of them and robbed the one from my Yellow Spitfire.
2. The radiator electric fan quit and after a highway drive the engine overheated at idle in the driveway. So, again, I borrowed from Blue, took the fan from Blue, put it in White and ....
3. and then White won't start. No spark from coil. Replaced ignition system and battery. Now runs fine!
4. Found another original fan in donated parts bin. Tested Ok. Installed it in White and returned Blue's fan. White runs and drives really good now.
|Owner:||Mike Japp [mikejapp]|
|Location:||Pensacola, FL, USA|
|Engine Type:||1493 cc|
|Last Updated:||2017-11-10 08:51:32|
Leave a Comment
This vehicle's information was last updated on 2017-11-10 08:51:32
- Changes from 2017-11-10 08:51:32 to previous 2017-07-13 11:46:23
- Nickname White → Speed Racer
- Changes from 2017-05-11 09:20:12 to previous 2017-04-14 11:54:58
- Mileage 10,800 → 10,850
|Apr 8, 2017||Mike Japp||Added to Registry (ID 37986)|
If this vehicle has been sold and you are the new owner, sign up to become a member (or if you're already a member, make sure you are signed in) and ask the current owner to click the "Transfer Vehicle" button from this car's page. If you have any difficulty with the process, please contact the webmaster.