Registry: 1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500
Mike Japp's 1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500 – “Yellow Kamennari”
to vote for this car or add your vehicles
When bought it came with no extras: no overdrive, no boot cover, no houndsooth seats, no factory hardtop, no tonneau cover.
Modified slightly with Weber DGV carb, Allison (Crane) optical electronic ignition, Lucas Sport coil, steel exhaust header, horn from a 1976 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme (my Mom's car in 1981).
This Spitfire and another that I previously owned (the blue one in the Blue Angels picture) appeared on the cover of "Triumph Spitfire and GT6 Magazine" in issue #28, Fall 2008.
I have recently had the engine rebuilt and its waiting for me to put it back together. I am also doing conversion to Spitfire overdrive transmission with shorter driveshaft.
|Owner:||Mike Japp [mikejapp]|
|Location:||Pensacola, FL, USA|
|Original Colour:||Mimosa Yellow|
|Engine Type:||1493cc 4 cyl elect. ignition|
|Last Updated:||2017-11-10 08:50:37|
Leave a Comment
This vehicle's information was last updated on 2017-11-10 08:50:37
- Changes from 2017-11-10 08:50:37 to previous 2017-04-25 11:15:47
- Nickname Yellow → Yellow Kamennari
- Changes from 2017-04-25 11:15:47 to previous 2016-05-18 10:11:17
- Nickname added Yellow
- Changes from 2012-07-07 23:14:57 to previous 2012-06-18 19:47:20
- Mileage added 63,000
- Changes from 2012-06-18 19:47:20 to previous 2012-05-08 09:42:09
- Engine Type 4 cyl 1500 → 1493cc 4 cyl elect. ignition
- Changes from 2012-01-26 20:24:35 to previous 2012-01-26 19:59:36
- Vin FM64XXX → FM64456U
|Apr 15, 1981||Mike Japp||Added to Registry (ID 12482)|
If this vehicle has been sold and you are the new owner, sign up to become a member (or if you're already a member, make sure you are signed in) and ask the current owner to click the "Transfer Vehicle" button from this car's page. If you have any difficulty with the process, please contact the webmaster.