Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Tonyfixit Avatar
Tonyfixit Tony M
Duncan, British Columbia, Canada   CAN
When adding accessories to our cars I like to keep a record of what I have done on a schematic I keep in my workshop manual.
The problem is, it is often difficult to get some unique coloured wire to add to the Triumph loom that will differentiate the new circuit.

When our 5 year old washing m/c recently gave up the ghost, in pulling it apart I found a good deal of nice, uniquely colour coded wire inside, mostly over 6' long, some with pre formed spade connectors. :-)

Now :-(

This was the demise of our 5 year old Kenmore (picture)
the cast aluminium 'spider' had rotted out.
Yes, a replacment part can be purchased for.......$1,100 !!

Note the holes around the shaft. These collect washing deturgent residue and the rot starts quickly.
Is that by chance??

Of course this is half of a stacing washer dryer, and the model is now obsolete, so a new washer dryer must be bought as a set hot smiley

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_20170705_173444.jpg    39.6 KB
IMG_20170705_173444.jpg

IMG_20170705_173358.jpg    43.3 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
IMG_20170705_163119.jpg    51.3 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
cmfisher4 Avatar
cmfisher4 Gold Member Chris Fisher
Mystic, Connecticut, USA   USA
That looks worse than some of the 50-year rot I have on my Spitfire! That's horrible for only 5 years. If it's not intentional, it's definitely poorly designed.

I bought a "new" washer a few years ago and it didn't last any longer than yours. I replaced it with a SpeedQueen "old-school" top-load washer that has no water saving features and no computers. American made, heavy duty steel where important. It wasn't any cheaper than the new ones, but it should last me 20 years instead of 5. They have electronic ones with a 5-year warranty while mine had a 3-year. No problems so far!

Cheers,
Chris

I learn something new every day...especially if I am working on my LBC!
Please visit my blog and website at http://www.roundtailrestoration.com

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1972 Triumph GT6 MkIII

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links