Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Tonyfixit Avatar
Tonyfixit Tony M
Duncan, British Columbia, Canada   CAN
Back in the Good ol days Lucas would supply most of the original (if questionable) electrical components for our cars. Brake components would typically be from Girling.

But sometime as our cars matured with age, brand names seem to have mixed and melded.

We all like to buy quality components for our cars, and many of us have learned that many suppilers offer un-branded garbage, often alongside branded better quality components. Often the price alone may give an indication of quality, but just paying and hoping seems a poor way of addressing the problem.

What do you say?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
TR3driver Randall Y
Confusion, Los Angeles, USA   USA
It's a real problem; wish I had a real answer !!

The Lucas name has been sliced and diced so many times that it's hard to know what is what. I'm fairly certain that the lubrication products being sold under the Lucas name today have nothing whatsoever to do with any of the companies using that name back in the 70s (or 50s). Ditto for Girling.

The TRW name has also has been broken up and sold for scrap.

OTOH, I think we are very fortunate to have as many parts available as we do, and at reasonable prices.

Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L daily driver
71 Stag LE1473L awaiting engine rebuild
7? Stag awaiting gearbox rebuild

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster