TRExp

Odds & Ends Forum

If you hate clamshell packaging, try these....

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

BraxtonO Avatar
BraxtonO Gold Member Braxton O
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA   USA
I hate clamshell packaging. Often it seems the plastic is tougher than the product inside. And it always amazes me when it's used for something that is hardly worth someone stealing. Trying to open some of them with box cutters is downright dangerous - forcing tough pulls in awkward directions - and occaionally resulting in razor sharp shards. By the time I get the tool or product out, I've forgotten what I needed it for.

I don't think of myself as a violent person - but I sometimes wish the guy who invented them had all of them back. And that his food was packed individually in them. And that he could only open them with his teeth. Everyday. For the rest of his life.

Did I tell you I hate clamshell packaging?

Well I found these Fiskars shears at The Big Blue Box - and these things are great! Cut through the clamshells like butter. Safely. Cut lots of other stuff too. But they're so good with the clamshells - you should get a free pair with every tenth plastic package you buy. (NFI). If the Fiskars guy stood at the front door and demoed them on your clamshells on the way out - well they would sell so many they would have to add extra checkout people. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out. But that's another rant....

JFWIW
Braxton

" You know - I love this thing. She's got a few leaks, but it's only the engine, gearbox, and the diff - so not too bad....."

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_1340.JPG    47.7 KB
IMG_1340.JPG

Yellowhawk Valley Avatar
walla walla, washington, USA   USA
1969 Triumph Spitfire "Walla Walla"
1969 Triumph Spitfire "Portland"
1972 Triumph Spitfire MkIV "Spokane"
1975 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Dayton"    & more
I found a similar tool ( no photo) in my wifes kitchen shears., They are modeled after the style of paramedic scissors and are very tough, designed to cut anything that might run through the kitchen. She had three tools, I convinced her she only needed two. No I have my plastic cutting tool in the shop.
Dan

Spitnut64 Avatar
Spitnut64 Gold Member John Mills
Milwaukee, WI, USA   USA
1970 Triumph Spitfire MkIII "Sarah Jane"
tin snips. (some people call them aircraft shears - or something like that).

"Given enough time, an amateur can build anything.”

- Bob Hicks (as quoted in the 1997 "Mariner’s Book Of Days"winking smiley

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1963 Triumph Spitfire 4 MkI

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links