Towing through the mountains

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Triumphal Al Ramsay
Nanaimo, Canada   CAN
I am planning on towing a car on a trailer from the Seattle area to grand Forkss North Dakota.....anyone know of a route with the least steep hills through the mountains....just want the easiest route for me and my car....will be to. Wing the middle of May.... thanks

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Yellowhawk Valley Avatar
walla walla, washington, USA   USA
1969 Triumph Spitfire "Walla Walla"
1969 Triumph Spitfire "Portland"
1972 Triumph Spitfire MkIV "Spokane"
1975 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Dayton"    & more
I think I-90 will be the easiest. You have Sno pass over there east of Seattle but the passes through the Rockies (Idaho/Montana) are not that steep. No biggies after that.
Dan

Tonyfixit Avatar
Tonyfixit Tony M
Duncan, British Columbia, Canada   CAN
In reply to # 1448724 by Yellowhawk Valley I think I-90 will be the easiest. You have Sno pass over there east of Seattle but the passes through the Rockies (Idaho/Montana) are not that steep. No biggies after that.
Dan

Agree.

I have taken a loaded, gutless U Hual on the I-90 route, No problems.

If you have time, try to stop at Deer Lodge, Montana. and take in the depression era prison and the car museum :-)

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster