Dremel tool switch failures

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

ar2stp48 Paul Best
Magnolia, Arkansas, USA   USA
I was rereading your instructions and making a couple of notes; want to get into one of the Dremels and try the fix.

Should have made myself clear I am cheap and added the heavy duty Dremel to tool collection as I found it in a friends pawn shop and bought it for $35; showed no use and I couldn't pass it up

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
ng19delta Avatar
ng19delta Scott Roberts
Merchantville, NJ, USA   USA
1974 Triumph TR6 "Not Sure At The Moment..."
I finally got around to fixing my Dremel... The fix worked as applied, however, mechanical difficulties associated with reassembly caused some headaches... But, disassembly and investigation led to a correction, and my Dremel tool seems to be back in operating condition! I was having a binding issue- though I still haven't figured out quite HOW... So I ended up running the motor while holding it into place in one half of the case, and checking for binding, then finishing the reassembly. I guess something was ever so slightly out of line... Works fine now. Next I'll build a dimmer switch box, to make a variable speed drive of it.

Already used it for its first project since resurrection- I grooved all the cracks in a plastic steering wheel for my WWII Dodge, so now I just have to get filler, and finish repairing it!

Scott

bobstr3 Avatar
bobstr3 Silver Member Bob Holt
Apache Junction, Arizona, USA   USA
1960 Triumph TR3A
1973 Honda Street
2003 Nissan Sentra "Ole Yeller"
2004 Mini Cooper "MINIPRL"
Hi Scott,

I am glad to read your message of making the modification and being successful. smileys with beer After you make the variable speed addition, you will like your 'NEW/old' Dremel tool even more.thumbs up cool smiley I have been using mine quite frequently and it has never let me down, since I changed mine over to this setup. It works when I need it!!!! Probably will need new brushes sometime in the near future.

Putting in the extra wall mount box and tying it into an existing operating wall outlet was an easy installation.

Let us know how it goes when you get there.

smiling smiley

Bob

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
ng19delta Avatar
ng19delta Scott Roberts
Merchantville, NJ, USA   USA
1974 Triumph TR6 "Not Sure At The Moment..."
It worked once, and the next time I tried using it, the motor completely crapped out... Overheated, smoked, sparked, the whole 9 yards, and stopped spinning. I think it has brush issues. So I bought a new one, and the old one will get parted out...

Scott

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1979 Triumph Spitfire 1500

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links