AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Yellowhawk Valley Avatar
walla walla, washington, USA   USA
1969 Triumph Spitfire "Walla Walla"
1969 Triumph Spitfire "Portland"
1972 Triumph Spitfire MkIV "Spokane"
1975 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Dayton"    & more
Not sure if I should post this with the Spitfires or perhaps in the Odds & Ends instead, maybe both.
Many may remember previous posts from me about a variety of documentation I have and will continue to collect regarding our Spitfires and GT6's. I am in the process of collecting a few more in the next week (probably for more that I should have paid) but today I received a rather, I think, unique set of documents I purchased from Ebay. The photo shows a montage of the three documents.
One is a TSOA handbook, 2nd edition, probably from around 1971 as that is the age of the other docs. It is authored by Mike Cook of Triumph fame. The book contains a lot of interesting information about all the Triumph cars of that age, including wiring, specifications for everything, as well as some tips and hints for fixes by the owner. Some of you may have similar issues so know what I am talking about.
The red book is the usual owners manual for the 1971 MkIV, which seems to be somewhat scarce.
The small white booklet is an original sales document for a 71 Spitfire sold by New London Motors, New London Conn, on 4-26-71. It has the original owners name and address as the Commission # and engine # . It also contains the original owners metal identification plate that was part of the sales documents at that time.
I do not know if the seller was a family member (different last name) or how he came into the documents but I will now have the obligation to see if I can locate a family member and see if they would have an interest in the sales documents and plate.
I have checked and the commission number is not listed in the Spitfire database.

Dan

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
Spitfire books39.jpg    34.8 KB
Spitfire books39.jpg

Spitfire books39b.jpg    21.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Yellowhawk Valley Avatar
walla walla, washington, USA   USA
1969 Triumph Spitfire "Walla Walla"
1969 Triumph Spitfire "Portland"
1972 Triumph Spitfire MkIV "Spokane"
1975 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Dayton"    & more
Received another book today, this one from the UK. It is a "Do It Yourself... Workshop Manual" by Murray Books, for MkIV 1300, 1970-1974, and MkIV 1500, 1974-1978. It is a repair manual like so many, but unlike most it does not use copies of photos from the original factory workshop manuals. It appears they took their own photos for the book. It does cover all the usual things but some parts are extensive, such as the trans/OD section is 25 pages with some good photos. It has some new designed wiring diagrams with some unusual codes for wire colors, such as X , Y, Z etc for some of the "light" colors. The diagrams are also their own and not copied from the factory diagrams but are of a similar style.
Dan

Attachments:
20170222_174958.jpg    48.1 KB
20170222_174958.jpg

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster