Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

RotarySpitfire Avatar
RotarySpitfire William C
San Francisco, California, USA   USA
Yep... lost my lug nut key someplace. I think the guys that put my last set of tires on didn't put it back in the carrier box. Do you guys know where I can get a key or know how to get this thing off (see photo). It is the lug nut on the left in the photo that has rust on it. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
Lug.JPG    43.3 KB
Lug.JPG

jhenrie Avatar
jhenrie john henrie
oceanport, New Jersey, USA   USA
You may end up sacrificing a socket to the cause. One that will almost fit over the lug and a few whacks with the 2.5 lb sledge hammer will wedge it on the nut. Been there done that . moody smiley

Tonyfixit Avatar
Tonyfixit Tony M
Duncan, British Columbia, Canada   CAN
Tire shops deal with this all the time. They have a special tool that grabs on there. But you loose your lug nut.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
grubscrew Avatar
grubscrew grub screw
The suburbs of, Winfield, Maryland, USA   USA
Vise Grips.

Dave
1970 Spitfire Mk3
FDU 78359L
34/11 (Jasmine yellow/Black interior)

1962 Triumph TR3B
TCF 575L
Signal Red/Red interior

trjohnnie John Malinick
Mirror Lake, NH, USA   USA
A Mechanic with a set of Turbo sockets should get it off. Stop at a reputable garage or tire shop. No big deal.

RotarySpitfire Avatar
RotarySpitfire William C
San Francisco, California, USA   USA
Thanks guys! I am going to take it to a local tire shop. They say they can get it off and will balance my tires for free which seems pretty generous.

1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster