TRExp

Odds & Ends Forum

Blasting GT6 frame - what treatment do I use?

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

ccren89 Avatar
ccren89 Colin Crenshaw
Keokuk, Iowa, USA   USA
I'm blasting a my GT6 frame and I was wondering what treatment to use on the metal to keep it from flash rusting. I have a small patch on the frame where I have to weld a piece of steel on due to rust after I clean it up and treat it but I wanted to make sure any treatments that i may use are also weld friendly before I go on a prime it. Thank you!!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Yellowhawk Valley Avatar
walla walla, washington, USA   USA
1969 Triumph Spitfire "Walla Walla"
1969 Triumph Spitfire "Portland"
1972 Triumph Spitfire MkIV "Spokane"
1975 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Dayton"    & more
Did you get an answer in one of the other pages? If not, and if you come back to check; unless you are in a very high humidity atmosphere when it is done, it is not that big of a worry,. I had my frame blasted, took a day to get it, drove it home in the back of the truck and then waited two days to paint. No surface rust - no flash rust. There are a number of products you can get at a local body shop supply house that will do a excellent job, or, just mask off the places you want to weld and paint the rest. The spray some weld-through primer on those areas.

Good luck
Dan

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster