TRExp

Odds & Ends Forum

Blasting GT6 frame - what treatment do I use?

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

ccren89 Avatar
ccren89 Colin Crenshaw
Keokuk, IA, USA   USA
I'm blasting a my GT6 frame and I was wondering what treatment to use on the metal to keep it from flash rusting. I have a small patch on the frame where I have to weld a piece of steel on due to rust after I clean it up and treat it but I wanted to make sure any treatments that i may use are also weld friendly before I go on a prime it. Thank you!!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Yellowhawk Valley Avatar
walla walla, WA, USA   USA
1969 Triumph Spitfire "Walla Walla"
1969 Triumph Spitfire "Portland"
1972 Triumph Spitfire MkIV "Spokane"
1975 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Dayton"    & more
Did you get an answer in one of the other pages? If not, and if you come back to check; unless you are in a very high humidity atmosphere when it is done, it is not that big of a worry,. I had my frame blasted, took a day to get it, drove it home in the back of the truck and then waited two days to paint. No surface rust - no flash rust. There are a number of products you can get at a local body shop supply house that will do a excellent job, or, just mask off the places you want to weld and paint the rest. The spray some weld-through primer on those areas.

Good luck
Dan

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1976 Triumph TR6

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links