AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

TeamEvil Avatar
TeamEvil Gold Member Thomas C
Kingston, Massachusetts, USA   USA
"Don't even ask in PA. The car is only good for parts without a title."

Same here in Massachusetts, if the car isn't titled, back away making the "Sign of the Cross" and don't make eye contact ! ! ! !

Took a couple of expensive "lawn ornaments" but I finally learned my lesson . . . .

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
hoyt Avatar
hoyt Silver Member Hoyt Duff
Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA   USA
What's wrong with finding a friend in a state that will issue a title with only a bill of sale?

Michelotti Avatar
Michelotti Brad B
Marietta, GA, USA   USA
How much for your lawn ornaments?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
JOEVACS Avatar
JOEVACS Joe Carter
Hickory, NC, USA   USA
My Spitfire was titled in NC to the parents ( both of them on the title ) of the man I bought it from. He had never re-titled it into his name because it was undriveable. His parents were both deceased. The license office told me I would need to see the register of deeds and the county tax office to get forms. They told me I would have to go to the courthouse and get death certificates and the power of attorney would have to sign everything. It was a tangled up mess and the guy I bought the car from was overly busy, out of town a lot, and very much uninterested in helping.
I finally bought a junker with a good title. That's why my 71 Spitfire is now a 72 Spitfire.

ArtL Avatar
ArtL Art Liefke
Kings Park, New York, USA   USA
In New York, cars sold before 1973 were not issued titles. They had what is called transferable registrations. Here's what to do in New York when proof of ownership is not available. Whatever the situation, it looks as though they have some path to take.

Art

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

TR3barton Avatar
TR3barton John Taylor
Greenfield, MA, USA   USA
I have found that several states us a similar path.

Lizzard d id
san jose, ca, USA   USA
I've done mechanic's liens , when the repair bill doesn't get paid there is a way for the mechanic to get ownership . The mechanic gets ownership to cover the costs of the repairs .
It has worked for me , it might work for you in another state . Take a no title car to a state that has mechanic's liens and drop it off with a person who knows how to get ownership , then get the car and the paperwork from that mechanic .

http://www.fullertonlaw.com/docs/appendices/50_state_survey_of_mechanics_lien_rights.pdf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-28 05:46 PM by Lizzard.

ng19delta Avatar
ng19delta Scott Roberts
Merchantville, NJ, USA   USA
1974 Triumph TR6 "Not Sure At The Moment..."
You can title from out of state in the state of Vermont... Call them, ask about creating a title, and the state motor vehicle agency will actually walk you through it.

TR3barton Avatar
TR3barton John Taylor
Greenfield, MA, USA   USA
Vermont? Are you sure.

You may wish to consider NH.

Most states have a manner in some cases the vehicle age is an issue.

ng19delta Avatar
ng19delta Scott Roberts
Merchantville, NJ, USA   USA
1974 Triumph TR6 "Not Sure At The Moment..."
In reply to # 1439550 by TR3barton Vermont? Are you sure.

You may wish to consider NH.

Most states have a manner in some cases the vehicle age is an issue.

Yes, Vermont... Apparently you can title anything you can show some sort of ownership of, as long as the background check comes out clean!

Scott

diver Richard Crothers
NorthEast, Maryland, USA   USA
I know about the no title bit. I found a kit car frame with some papers a bill of sale and thought all good, later found the body for same. DMV said when together will look at and give it #number as kit car. I later moved to another state almost finished car, now no good needed title or bill sale from maker. In result I sold it and the person took and had it inspected in a third state, title next day.

Rich

trjohnnie John Malinick
Mirror Lake, NH, USA   USA
For your viewing pleasure. Pull up Dusty Old Cars New Hampshire on Google and look at this fiasco. Be very VERY careful as to the laws of your state and remember that the state will toss you under the bus in a heart beat,to protect their tails. Buyer beware. Key red flag words. Estate, divorce,bankruptcy, and dont worry,it's ok.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster