Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Doug in Vegas Avatar
Doug in Vegas Douglas D
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA   USA
Waiting for someone to mention the top is stowed incorrectly.....

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
TheBomb Avatar
TheBomb Chris Gill
Toronto, Ontario, Canada   CAN
1975 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "The Bomb"
In reply to # 1462832 by Doug in Vegas Waiting for someone to mention the top is stowed incorrectly.....

Hey Doug - I have read the instructions on how to "properly" stow the top and frankly I've seen no difference with it? It doesn't sit any lower after unbuckling half the top to "stow" it properly?

Personally I don't see the point since in the event of rain I can raise my top in 2 seconds whereas the "proper" method leaves me with 5 minutes of work to clip it back in properly, etc.

What's the point? It doesn't stow any flatter or look any better?

Doug in Vegas Avatar
Doug in Vegas Douglas D
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA   USA
In reply to # 1462833 by TheBomb
In reply to # 1462832 by Doug in Vegas Waiting for someone to mention the top is stowed incorrectly.....

Hey Doug - I have read the instructions on how to "properly" stow the top and frankly I've seen no difference with it? It doesn't sit any lower after unbuckling half the top to "stow" it properly?

Personally I don't see the point since in the event of rain I can raise my top in 2 seconds whereas the "proper" method leaves me with 5 minutes of work to clip it back in properly, etc.

What's the point? It doesn't stow any flatter or look any better?

I used to drop mine over the shoulder too. Then one day I had the quarter windows crack.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
ryandkg David Ryan
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada   CAN
Hi Paul,
I really like this option for mounting the seat belt on a GT6. Do you have any photos showing how you have finished out the trim around this?

Thanks,
David

In reply to # 1453588 by 69gt6stopp Hi, for those of you that have a GT6 and wish to install a 3 point harness, I put my 3rd attachment point up on the B C pillar roof rail. There is already a hole there but no nut, so I welded the nut to the back of a 12 ga plate, opened up the existing hole slightly to except the nut into the recess. Then welded the plate to the rail, do not use too much heat at one time as you do not want to distort the roof.This location is much better for the shoulder strap, the inertia reel mounts to the wheel arch mounting point. Obviously I had the advantage that my headliner was already removed, as was all other trim items in the vicinity.
Regards,
Paul.

Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best...
...Frank Zappa

69gt6stopp Avatar
69gt6stopp Paul Stopp
Richmond, British Columbia, Canada   CAN
Hi David,
I have not actually trimmed it out yet, I am on the lookout for some really good high temp. contact adhesive, as we do not seem to have such a good selection here in Canada. The Bostic and 3m 77 adhesive spray products I have used seem to loose their adhesion when it gets warm, which is not going to work well, since I what to stick the material to the roof as a headliner as well.
The material that I will use is sold as a black speaker box covering, which is sort of like a lightweight unbacked carpet material. For any large areas I have used this covering over 1/8" plywood glued and stainless steel stapled on back, so not so much chance of coming unstuck.
So not sure if this helps you, but if someone knows of a good adhesive to use, I shall be very interested.

Regards,
Paul

Attachments:
Top Mounting.JPG    57.4 KB
Top Mounting.JPG

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1979 Triumph TR1 20TS

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links