Test fitting

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

jford-GT6 Jonathan Ford
Sacramento, CA, USA   USA
Thanks John. Seems the website is down today but I have their catalog. I must have overlooked that page. Maybe we can flip the RHD part up-side-down? Kidding. Good to know Doug. Great website btw.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Spitnut64 Avatar
Spitnut64 Gold Member John Mills
Milwaukee, WI, USA   USA
1970 Triumph Spitfire MkIII "Sarah Jane"
You've hit another example of a frustrating point there Mike - why do companies like Steelcraft bother to go out of their way to make these replacement panels; and then in doing so, ignore the biggest potential market for the very product they're producing?

Jtlaraia Avatar
Jtlaraia James Laraia
Wilmington, NC, USA   USA
1972 Triumph Spitfire MkIV "Scarlett"
In reply to # 728909 by carChips The van you can just use some cardboard and fiberglass, the spitfire is serious.

hahaha, I appreciate this thumbs up

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
bobbylrowland bobby l
cochran, ga., USA   USA
In reply to # 728885 by carChips Hey, WAIT! Where did the A/C go? Looks great Mike, coming along nicely. I like your decision to fit the pieces. It's well worth the effort, very little filler needed.

teeka56 Avatar
teeka56 mike leisner
Seattle, WA, USA   USA
I need one too. The ONLY body damage on my 1980 tub is this clutch/brake shelf due to leaked brake fluid. I have considered just adding a doubler over the whole panel. But clearly this is a much better solution.

Nice work, good luck.

Mike

Attachments:
17DA15C8-1310-44A3-A66A-D30D341F1FB3.jpeg    55.6 KB
17DA15C8-1310-44A3-A66A-D30D341F1FB3.jpeg

planebow Robert Howard
Kalispell, MT, USA   USA
I have a bulkhead off from my old body that is headed to the scrap pile. It has some surface rust but not to bad. I can cut this off how ever a person would want it. If someone would pay for shipping I will salvage it.

Attachments:
0213181658[1].jpg    36.6 KB
0213181658[1].jpg

teeka56 Avatar
teeka56 mike leisner
Seattle, WA, USA   USA
I will PM you. Thanks.

planebow Robert Howard
Kalispell, MT, USA   USA
Mike, these are the pictures I could not put on the pm.

Attachments:
0214181137_Burst01.jpg    36 KB
0214181137_Burst01.jpg

0214181137.jpg    30.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
clshore Carter Shore
Beverly Hills, FL, USA   USA
FYI, Rimmers lists this repair panel for $45 USD

https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-RL1475

However, it's not clear whether this is a LHD or RHD panel ... ;(

Doug in Vegas Avatar
Doug in Vegas Douglas D
Las Vegas, NV, USA   USA
In reply to # 1512877 by teeka56 I need one too. The ONLY body damage on my 1980 tub is this clutch/brake shelf due to leaked brake fluid. I have considered just adding a doubler over the whole panel. But clearly this is a much better solution.

Nice work, good luck.

Mike

Another option is a fresh blank plate cut to fit a Wildwood pedal set.

clshore Carter Shore
Beverly Hills, FL, USA   USA
In reply to # 1513413 by Doug in Vegas
In reply to # 1512877 by teeka56 I need one too. The ONLY body damage on my 1980 tub is this clutch/brake shelf due to leaked brake fluid. I have considered just adding a doubler over the whole panel. But clearly this is a much better solution.

Nice work, good luck.

Mike

Another option is a fresh blank plate cut to fit a Wildwood pedal set.

Besides Wilwood, also offered by other vendors, Afco, Tilton, etc., check for best pricing.
Be prepared to 'iterate' the exact mix of master cylinders bore diameters to work best on your car.
Ideally the fronts will lock up just before the rears, with firm but comfortable pedal pressure.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1948 Triumph 2000 Roadster

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links