AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Falkon Avatar
Al Martin
Wisconsin, USA   usa

http://www.sammio-spyder.com/sammioncordite.html

http://www.sammio-spyder.com/gallery.html

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-17 05:41 PM by Falkon.

Attachments:
Sammio-CORDITE.jpg    21.5 KB
Sammio-CORDITE.jpg

Falkon Avatar
Al Martin
Wisconsin, USA   usa

Attachments:
P1050105.jpg    33 KB
P1050105.jpg

Dan Spitfire Avatar
Dan Grzybek
Buffalo, NY, USA   usa

very neat... wonder if it can be shipped across the pond?
looks neat and could be a good option to somebody with a good chassis and drivetrain but a roached out body

Dan Grzybek
1976 Spitfire "The Mistress"
Buffalo, NY

. You can hide this ad & support the site by upgrading to a Gold Membership ~ click here for more info
Spitnut64 Avatar
John Mills
Milwaukee, WI, USA   usa
1970 Triumph Spitfire MkIII "Sarah Jane"

I Like! thumbs up

Falkkon Avatar
JP Robert
Calgary, Alberta, Canada   can

Neat, but I'm sure someone could find a spit for 3 grand. Unless you can fit a blown 454 under that hood...

gt6inabox Avatar
Keith Edginton
Pennsauken, USA   usa

Nose of an AC Ace, tail and floors of an MGA. A very ambitious project.
Statement at bottom of page: " If you require the above process to be completed by us using your donor car (this includes us stripping the donor and disposing of unwanted parts) we can carry out this procedure for £600."
That seems cheap!
Done with quality work I think it would be a nice car.

John Cope
Triangle NC, USA   usa

I like the Spyder "German Style"

If I could find one on the US East coast in LHD I would be really tempted.

. You can hide this ad & support the site by upgrading to a Gold Membership ~ click here for more info
triumphguy Avatar
dave roberts
loveland, colorado, USA   usa

I posted on these about a year ago. The are based on the Herald and not the Spitfire. (unless Gary changed things, #$@$#!!! work computer blocked his site) Heralds have a longer wheel base and outriggers in the rockers. You could do Spit but it would be a ton of work. On the upside, Stifire/GT6 parts will work. If anyone is seriously intrested in purchasing one of these please contact me. I really want one. So does my MG driving neighbor, bcliff. We figured we could get 6 kits into a container and ship it to Detroit. It would cost right around $2500 per kit, including shipping. The guy who makes them said he would discount them if we bought in bulk and said he could load them. (his shop is near a port) He also said he could come up with a few RHD racks as well.

Edit: My bad, it based on the Spit. If anyone is interested, they'd still fit in the container!

Edit 2: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/sammio-group-buy/33573/page1/

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-19 07:53 PM by triumphguy.

Triumph Racer Avatar
Patrick N
south bend, IN., USA   usa
1962 Triumph TR4 "Big Red"
1962 Triumph TR4 "My First Triumph"
1971 Triumph Spitfire MkIV
1976 Triumph TR6
1978 MG MGB "Daily Driver"

Triumphguy,you know this is the first interesting thing I have seen in a while. It is totally do able and cool looking. The price and container deal is not bad either.This is tempting as I live close to Chicago and Detroit is also okay. Any one else got the gears going in their heads? Have a 1980 spit frame sitting in a barn that I was going to weld up tubing on and make a little Lotus 7 type roadster out of. Even if we needed to add some length to a spit frame we could cut in half at the center and add wheelbase.I need to do some research on this project.Will get out my Herald-Vitesse manuals for measurements.Any one who wants to talk more please post or pm me.

GARY JANES
POOLE DORSET, UK   gbr

Hi,
I am new here ....I was just checking my website stats and it showed a link from here to my website and I thought I better say hello....

We have been producing the SAMMIO SPYDER for a few years now and following on from repeated requests for a Spitfire version , we are in the process of creating it....kits will be ready from about April / May.

Dave and others , this may be of interest to you guys...

We have also teamed up with a guy in New York state , John Cheshunt , who has a background in kit cars and wants to offer my packages in the U.S. He has a few ideas of his own but as far as the Spitfire ( CORDITE ) version is concerned , I believe it will be offered pretty much as per my website.

John can be contacted directly on info@bigbellybanks.com .... tell him I sent you !!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-26 04:03 PM by sammio man.

triumphguy Avatar
dave roberts

Thanks Gary. Glad to see you're still making 'em. I just sent John an email.

GARY JANES
POOLE DORSET, UK   gbr

Anyone wanting more info on my cars or wanting to see what others are doing , may want to visit my forum page.
If you go to www.madaboutkitcars.com and go into the forum , we have a section entitled SAMMIO BUILDS , there is pages of info and ongoing chat in there .....

cokerart Avatar
Bob Coker
Atlanta, Georgia, USA   usa
1973 Triumph GT6 MkIII "Spit-6 Or Dr. Frankenstein"

Has anyone ever had experience with the Vincent Hurricane kit? It sure looks good.

Falkon Avatar
Al Martin
Wisconsin, USA   usa
triumphguy Avatar
dave roberts

In reply to # 722306 by sammio man Anyone wanting more info on my cars or wanting to see what others are doing , may want to visit my forum page.
If you go to www.madaboutkitcars.com and go into the forum , we have a section entitled SAMMIO BUILDS , there is pages of info and ongoing chat in there .....

I was reading somewhere that the Sammio is driving prices of Heralds up in southern England... grinning smiley

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Check the Forum Help File (FAQ) or contact the webmaster.

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

TRExp Menu

What's New

Membership

Forums ->

The Pub

Buy, Sell & Trade

Vendor Market

Spitfire & GT6

TR6 & TR250

TR7 & TR8