TRExp

Spitfire & GT6 Forum

What Did You Do To Your Spitfire or GT6 today??

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

SpiTazz72 Avatar
SpiTazz72 Bryan H
Magnolia, Texas, USA   USA
A year after I installed all new front suspension bits and brakes I finally got around to ordering new shocks and springs. I may change the paint color prior to final assembly. Looking forward to feeling the ride difference and seeing how it looks..

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
72tr93.JPG    29.4 KB
72tr93.JPG

carChips Avatar
carChips Victor Harnish
Kelowna, BC, Canada   CAN
1933 MG Magnette
1973 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Chip"
1989 GMC Sierra 1500 "Bush Truck"
In reply to # 1497012 by SpiTazz72 A year after I installed all new front suspension bits and brakes I finally got around to ordering new shocks and springs. I may change the paint color prior to final assembly. Looking forward to feeling the ride difference and seeing how it looks..

The ride will be harder but the handling will be better.

'S all for now
Vic

jjjjack Avatar
jjjjack Gold Member Jack Greene
Boston, Massachusetts, USA   USA
1967 Triumph GT6 "Wee Wee Car"
Jim and Doug -

When I bought my GT6, I joined this forum and thought that "Rocinante" was an awesome name for a LBC.

I spent some time trying to come up with an equally suitable name, but my 4 year old son dubbed it the "Wee Wee Car" and the term has stuck.

Jim - Have you seen this shirt - it seems oddly appropriate

https://www.litographs.com/collections/don-quixote

Jack

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
carChips Avatar
carChips Victor Harnish
Kelowna, BC, Canada   CAN
1933 MG Magnette
1973 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Chip"
1989 GMC Sierra 1500 "Bush Truck"
In reply to # 1497087 by jjjjack Jim and Doug -

When I bought my GT6, I joined this forum and thought that "Rocinante" was an awesome name for a LBC.

I spent some time trying to come up with an equally suitable name, but my 4 year old son dubbed it the "Wee Wee Car" and the term has stuck.

Jim - Have you seen this shirt - it seems oddly appropriate

Jack

That's what happens when you make the suspension too stiff.

'S all for now
Vic

SpiTazz72 Avatar
SpiTazz72 Bryan H
Hmmm... I may be sorry smiling smiley

scardini1 Avatar
scardini1 Gold Member Jim Moscardini
Great Mills, MD, USA   USA
1968 Triumph GT6 "Rocinante"
2003 Jaguar XKR "Kitty"
Hi Jack. Great shirt. Thanks. I've been a "Quixotic Character" all my life (actualy kinda getting tired of it too - lol).

So Doug, ... Is it going to be "Dapple" or Spritus? (How about Spitritus Anassa?) drinking smiley

dave-skip-fire-four-iv- Avatar
Oshawa, ON, Canada   CAN
Or spiritus ala lucas

Doug in Vegas Avatar
Doug in Vegas Douglas D
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA   USA
In reply to # 1497165 by dave-skip-fire-four-iv- Or spiritus ala lucas

That would be a dark spirit all right.

dave-skip-fire-four-iv- Avatar
Oshawa, ON, Canada   CAN

SpitMan Avatar
SpitMan Doug Walls
Brandywine, Maryland, USA   USA
1970 Triumph Spitfire MkIII "70 Spit"
1998 Chevrolet Corvette "Silver Fox"
2007 Chevrolet Silverado
2013 Chevrolet Malibu "Pearl Baby"
Nope! No dark spirits allowed. Spiritus Sancti only.

Hey Jim, is Anassa greek for queen???

In reply to # 1497169 by Doug in Vegas

SpiTazz72 Avatar
SpiTazz72 Bryan H
Test drive today with the new springs and dampers and very happy. The car does sit an inch lower in front and I first noticed that when I couldn't get the floor jack out from under the frame. The ride has improved with less body roll and the new shocks do their job as advertised by taking out the bounce over rough roads. Seems quieter too. I'm glad I did it. Now time to check the alignment.

Erics79spit Avatar
Erics79spit Eric Fanning
Moorhead, Minnesota, USA   USA
I got my spit running last night and had to take her out for a test drive. wind chill 2 degrees, no top yet so it was a short drive (a great drive)

Wolfcreek Steve Steve P
Central, Wisconsin, USA   USA
In reply to # 1497378 by Erics79spit I got my spit running last night and had to take her out for a test drive. wind chill 2 degrees, no top yet so it was a short drive (a great drive)

What? No snow up there last night, We woke up to 4" of sloppy stuff down here near Wausau, WI. Damn, winter is early this year!

scardini1 Avatar
scardini1 Gold Member Jim Moscardini
Great Mills, MD, USA   USA
1968 Triumph GT6 "Rocinante"
2003 Jaguar XKR "Kitty"
Yup. Your "Spiritus" sounded rather Olympian (or Roman). I even made it more so (and got "Spit" in the name), Spitritus. It's a stretch. Plus I never liked the Latin Queen, Regina. Not exotic enough.

But, yeh, ... you're right. Dapple is so perfect, why even consider anything else. eye rolling smiley

In reply to # 1497218 by SpitMan Nope! No dark spirits allowed. Spiritus Sancti only.

Hey Jim, is Anassa greek for queen???

In reply to # 1497169 by Doug in Vegas

cbez Cole B
Fallbrook, California, USA   USA
installed a third horn. the originals got weak. also fixed my side runner light and radio and converted from ballast resistor setup to a 3 ohm pertronix coil. think I've fixed my sticking choke linkage too.

1971 Triumph Spitfire MK 4

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-11 10:00 PM by cbez.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster