Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Mrace777 Steve N
Bellbrook, OH, USA   USA
Good evening.
Thought id share a pic of my new veneered dash, with new temp-oil pressure gauge and battery isolation switch. I especially like the volt gauge that plugs into the cigarette lighter and includes two usb sockets...havnt seen one before so thought id share.
Steve

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
20180207_230221.jpg    31 KB
20180207_230221.jpg

Doug in Vegas Avatar
Doug in Vegas Douglas D
Las Vegas, NV, USA   USA
Everyone is drooling over the radio.

Mrace777 Steve N
Bellbrook, OH, USA   USA
Thanks.
Thats next on the list. I pulled it and bench tested it and it appears to work. The push buttons are super satisfying to push. Currently, its not wired up and theres no speaker in the car. Was supposed to be a winter project...

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Brad.Cogan Avatar
Brad.Cogan Bradley Cogan
RAF Cosford, Shropshire, UK   GBR
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Wray"
1989 Toyota MR2 "Coral"
2007 Fiat Grande Punto "Pepper"
How did you find the oil pressure gauge install? Was it easy to do? I'm thinking of doing the dual gauge myself same as yours.

Brad Cogan

1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500 'Wray'
1989 Toyota MR2 Mk1b AW11 1600 twin cam
2007 Fiat Grande Punto Active 1.2 'Pepper'

skyking1231 Avatar
skyking1231 Silver Member Frank Strobel
Mt. Sinai, NY, USA   USA
1975 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Lil' Rose"
Does the voltage display read battery voltage when engine is off ?

Mrace777 Steve N
Bellbrook, OH, USA   USA
Yep. I guess the cigarette lighter is always hot, even without the key in the ignition

MoneyPitSpit Avatar
MoneyPitSpit Ron (Smokey) Wasmuth
Beautiful, Sparkling, Lakeland, FL, USA   USA
1974 Triumph Spitfire "Midnight Blue"
1995 Chevrolet Camaro "Crystal Blue Persuasion"
I like the digital readout.
Brad, I put in an oil pressure gauge when I redid my dash. Not difficult at all.
Smokey

Mrace777 Steve N
Bellbrook, OH, USA   USA
It was pretty easy. The biggest question was where to break through the fire wall for the oil and temp lines. I decided to poke through on the passenger side (left hand drive car) close to the battery and route to the thermostat housing and low oil pressure sensor.

Tonyfixit Avatar
Tonyfixit Tony M
Duncan, BC, Canada   CAN
I use the duel Smiths gauge but insted of reading coolant temp it reads oil temp (in the oil pan)

I like the cigarette lighter volt meter/USB plug.

Very handy, and of course it can always be pulled to use the power outlet when needed.

I have seen them with different colour displays on ebay.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-08 10:06 AM by Tonyfixit.

Attachments:
IMG_20170724_204339.jpg    42.2 KB
IMG_20170724_204339.jpg

Brad.Cogan Avatar
Brad.Cogan Bradley Cogan
RAF Cosford, Shropshire, UK   GBR
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Wray"
1989 Toyota MR2 "Coral"
2007 Fiat Grande Punto "Pepper"
I see. I'm thinking of a dash refurb and a dual gauge with oil pressure. A volt meter would also be handy. Where did you find that?

Brad Cogan

1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500 'Wray'
1989 Toyota MR2 Mk1b AW11 1600 twin cam
2007 Fiat Grande Punto Active 1.2 'Pepper'

joppamoto Mark R
Crestwood, KY, USA   USA
For about $1 more you can get one with a temp reading also ( in Celsius) Ebay part # 152872532342. Many choices available. These are pretty handy. I use mine occasionally in all my older vehicles just to make sure they are charging, and for battery voltage after they sit a while. I do remove it if the car is going to sit more than a couple of days..

trrdster Avatar
trrdster Wayne Tate
Spencer, NC, USA   USA
Brad, be aware of the adapter that goes in the temperature sending unit hole. The end of the pickup unit is round and you will puncture the ball, also it will go in to far and block the return inlet.
The oil unit is not a problem with fit.
If you get it from BPNW as if it comes with adapter, if not they do sell it on it's own.

Wayne
1970 TR6
2000 Jaguar XK8
1949 Triumph Roadster 2000
1978 Spitfire (rust victim)
1971 GT6 (tarp covered for 12 years, rusted inside out)
1980 Spitfire (getting all the good GT6 parts, all poly suspension and Spax shocks)

Joseph Buttigieg Avatar
Joseph Buttigieg Zeppi Buttigieg
Valletta, Valletta, Malta   MLT
Here's mine. The voltmeter comes from a TR6, matches the stock gauges. The oil pressure gauge and clock are also Smiths. Bezels are identical to the stock gauges. To finish it off, replaced the the tray by a radio/speaker panel. The radio opening is closeable with a panel to hide it away. All additional panels are covered with the original vinyl. Don't ask me how I've done this, long story and too many hours

Attachments:
20171101_212739.jpg    36.3 KB
20171101_212739.jpg

20160825_185159.jpg    51.1 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
20171101_212759.jpg    30.3 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
74Spit Avatar
74Spit Rick Ladd
Brooklyn, NY, USA   USA
I have a friend who has a very original perfect spitfire. He recently added an overdrive and turned the cigarette lighter into the switch. I thought that was neat in that the car still looks the same.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1970 Triumph Vitesse Mark 2

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links