Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Doug in Vegas Avatar
Doug in Vegas Douglas D
Las Vegas, NV, USA   USA
In reply to # 1510638 by Tonyfixit If replacment of the solenoid is required, I would use a Ford solenoid from a 70's-80's era F150.

thumbs up

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
oljoshman Josh D
Carrboro, NC, USA   USA
A little clarification. The starter issue is intermittent. Sometimes it starts normally and sometimes it runs continuosly. The problem with the clutch is the same I had before I started this part of the project. The clutch plate was frozen to the flywheel. So I replaced all the neccesary components, put it back together and cranked her up. Thats when the starter issue happened. I could still shift through the gears with the car running and the clutch all the way in. I asked for help about the starter issue and tried tapping the solenoid to free it up. Between those times my clutch stopped engaging. So when I push the clutch in its not doing anything, just like before I replaced anything. Any thoughts? Im super frustrated but I really want to believe its something in the hydraulics...

Falkon Avatar
Falkon Al Martin
Appleton, WI, USA   USA
Is the clutch system filled w/ fluid or could it leak out?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Doug in Vegas Avatar
Doug in Vegas Douglas D
Las Vegas, NV, USA   USA
Do you still have the tunnel open?

If so, remove the slave but keep it hooked up to the line and try this:

oljoshman Josh D
Carrboro, NC, USA   USA
The system is still full of fluid and not leaking any as far as I can tell. I've never tried that method of bleeding the slave. I'll try that on Sunday and report back with my progress or lack thereof. Thanks for the help!

oljoshman Josh D
Carrboro, NC, USA   USA
Ok so I've done some more investigating. I took off the slave cylinder to bleed as shown in the video. In the meantime I noticed that the arm going into the slave on one end and to the arm on the other side appears to be frozen. As in I cant push it forward simulating what the slave cylinder would do. Is this normal? It doesn't seem like it would be but I don't know. If it isn't right what should I be doing to fix it? Any and all help is much appreciated! Heres a pic....the arm in question is sticking out...

Attachments:
slave triumph.jpg    73.9 KB
slave triumph.jpg

grubscrew Avatar
grubscrew grub screw
The suburbs of, Winfield, Maryland, USA   USA
LOL, yes, normal. Without the hydraulics you don't have the strength to overcome the clutch diaphragm spring.

Dave
1970 Spitfire Mk3
FDU 78359L
34/11 (Jasmine yellow/Black interior)

1962 Triumph TR3B
TCF 575L
Signal Red/Red interior

spitfire50 Avatar
spitfire50 Paul Mugford
Rochester, N.H., USA   USA
Josh,
Well, you should be able to move it some. There should be some free play available, but once that is taken up it will feel as if it is solid. If the lever is right up against the back of the bell housing the clutch friction disk must be very thin.
All the best,
Paul

Doug in Vegas Avatar
Doug in Vegas Douglas D
Las Vegas, NV, USA   USA
It's supposed to grab tight enough to pull a car so,.....there's that to consider.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1965 Triumph Spitfire MkII

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links