- NO RUST!, well, the bottom of the battery box has some, but everything else is great. It is a CA, UT, CO car, so it has never been exposed to salt.
- It is complete
- 1k or less on new clutch
- LOTS of new parts. Basically, I amassed a bunch parts to put it back together after paint.
- Euro H4 headlights
- four into one header
- It needs a re-ring job so it is NOT drivable. It has good oil pressure and the thrust bearings are in place, so no "death rattle". What has the car sitting is that it loses compression after running for a short time. When running, it sounds good. The fuel pump diaphragm leaked gas into the oil, which (I assume) washed down the cylinders and took out the rings. Leakdown is 40% pretty much across all cylinders... It happened quite quickly. I went through EVERYTHING external, including the ignition, carburation, intake, exhaust, etc. This is what is keeping it from being a driver.
- The paint is bad and it will need a complete repaint.
- It has a few dings, but no big dents.
- The seat upholstery is bad. It was NOS with new seat foams, but I left it in the car and it just degraded over the years sitting. Would be great for patterns as it was pretty poor quality even when new.
- Hardtop. Dip stripped and epoxy primed. Just needs paint.
- New Weber DGV carburator kit
- Complete Euro dual SU carb setup with manifold, carbs, air cleaners, brackets, etc.
- Lots of powder coated parts. Brake and clutch master brackets, sway bar brackets, complete soft top frame with custom machined Nylatron bushings, more.
- NOS tounneau cover, with a couple of used ones that need snaps or zipper repair.
- Misc. engine gaskets
- New visor set
- New door window seals
- Lots of other misc. engine parts, carbs, etc.
- Chrome front bumper (original plastic is on the car)
- OE exhaust manifold and cat.
So, does anyone have any great ideas on how to find a good home for my Spitfire? I have advertised it at various times for best offer, but no real takers. People either wanted something they could drive away, or just wanted parts. I have seen soo many projects where people rebulid rusted POS's, and this one is rust-free, straight and complete, yet no takers. I guess I may just strip off stuff that sells quickly on ebay, and have the rest hauled off to a junk yard, but I would like to try one more time...