AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Tonyfixit Avatar
Tonyfixit Tony M
Duncan, BC, Canada   CAN
I saw these on ebay
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Pcs-Washable-Black-Grey-Vehicle-Front-Seat-Cover-Protectors-Built-in-Seat-Belt/362195594132?fits=Make%3ATriumph%7CModel%3ASpitfire&hash=item54548a2b94:g:pscAAOSwYS9ZaHgo&vxp=mtr

OK I would not expect much. But if my seats were trashed, these may tidy things up until I was ready to get them re-upholstered.

I bought seat covers (Coverking) for the wife's Toyota Matrix in the summer that had 'similar in appearance' mesh fabric. The fabric is very cool to sit in in hot weather, durable and easy to clean.

Now I am not saying these seats are made of the same stuff, but I'm just thinking that at $10 per seat, it might be worth someone taking a chance!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
TheZster Avatar
TheZster Steven Z
SAINT LOUIS, MO, USA   USA
True - true... you spend $10 bucks on the occasional beer.... and or cigs......

On the other hand - if I knew I was going to re-upholster the seats in the forseeable future - and didn't have a car show to attend.... I'd probably toss a couple of old bath towels over them and call it good....

It's all about what you want and expect..... for $10... you can't expect much - but that might be enough to get you by..

Z

racer490 Jerry Bryant
Palm Harbor, USA   USA
I bought seat covers from Walmart when I bought my car until I could recover them. I had to bunch up all the extra material and zip tie it in a big knot it the back because our seats are so small.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
79bluespit Avatar
79bluespit Rick Lazio
Burlington, ON, Canada   CAN
you can also cover seats with size small T shirts. fold in the arms or sew them in. the back is easy. the seat bottom needs a cut.

Doug in Vegas Avatar
Doug in Vegas Douglas D
Las Vegas, NV, USA   USA
Fake fur and sheepskin is practically concourse for the Spit.

Tonyfixit Avatar
Tonyfixit Tony M
Duncan, BC, Canada   CAN
In reply to # 1506137 by Doug in Vegas Fake fur and sheepskin is practically concourse for the Spit.

As is Duct tape trim.

Brad.Cogan Avatar
Brad.Cogan Bradley Cogan
RAF Cosford, Shropshire, UK   GBR
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Wray"
1989 Toyota MR2 "Red Mister Two"
2007 Fiat Grande Punto "Pepper"
If I were you I'd skip the seat covers and just reupholster the seats. It only takes an hour or two per seat. If your foams are good it won't even take you that long.

Here's the seat covers I bought. They're leather effect vinyl but they're really good quality and fit well. You can't complain for the price.

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triumph-Spitfire-GT6-Seat-Covers-1-pair-Black-White-Vinyl-headrest-covers/311385898876?hash=item48800bbf7c:g:vioAAOSw44BYWUrm

I dunno if they sell these on Ebay USA or not.

Brad Cogan

1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500 'Wray'
1989 Toyota MR2 Mk1b AW11 1600 twin cam
2007 Fiat Grande Punto Active 1.2 'Pepper'

Dodgebrother Avatar
Dodgebrother Rick Cook
Dodge city, OR, USA   USA
In reply to # 1506316 by Brad.Cogan If I were you I'd skip the seat covers and just reupholster the seats. It only takes an hour or two per seat. If your foams are good it won't even take you that long.

Here's the seat covers I bought. They're leather effect vinyl but they're really good quality and fit well. You can't complain for the price.

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triumph-Spitfire-GT6-Seat-Covers-1-pair-Black-White-Vinyl-headrest-covers/311385898876?hash=item48800bbf7c:g:vioAAOSw44BYWUrm

I dunno if they sell these on Ebay USA or not.

They do, and I have put them on several cars. Two spitfires and one mg. Their tan/brown, doesn't match anything though, so black is the best bet. And, if you put them on correctly, they'll look pretty good.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1970 Triumph Spitfire MkIV

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links