AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

70 cooper Avatar
70 cooper Jon Cooper
St catharines, ON, Canada   CAN
1976 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Penelope"
Okay guys i'm in the market for some new seat belts as mine are starting to fray. So does anyone know of a site that i can get a good deal? p.s im not a skinny guy and would love to find longer belts if that is possible. Happy New Year to All!!

Jon Cooper

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
grubscrew Avatar
grubscrew grub screw
The suburbs of, Winfield, Maryland, USA   USA
JC Whitney

Dave
1970 Spitfire Mk3
FDU 78359L
34/11 (Jasmine yellow/Black interior)

1962 Triumph TR3B
TCF 575L
Signal Red/Red interior

TheZster Avatar
TheZster Steven Z
SAINT LOUIS, MO, USA   USA
If the man's right, the man's right... LOL....

On a similar topic.... I've got old 3 point belts in my spit.... but they tend to get lost between the seat and the door frame when I exit - find them means feeling around for a bit.... Anyone find a top bracket/slide/holder to keep them at or above seat back level when I exit the car... Might be a dumb question as I'm sure I can find something to rig up.... but this group tends to have "pretty ideas" as well as functional...

Z

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
grubscrew Avatar
grubscrew grub screw
The suburbs of, Winfield, Maryland, USA   USA
Been discussed a number of times. Here's one thread...
http://www.triumphexp.com/phorum/read.php?8,1369098

Dave
1970 Spitfire Mk3
FDU 78359L
34/11 (Jasmine yellow/Black interior)

1962 Triumph TR3B
TCF 575L
Signal Red/Red interior

TheZster Avatar
TheZster Steven Z
SAINT LOUIS, MO, USA   USA
Thx Dave...

I know I should run through the archives prior to asking questions.... but some things just pop out....

Z

Tonyfixit Avatar
Tonyfixit Tony M
Duncan, BC, Canada   CAN
In reply to # 1504917 by 70 cooper Okay guys i'm in the market for some new seat belts as mine are starting to fray. So does anyone know of a site that i can get a good deal? p.s im not a skinny guy and would love to find longer belts if that is possible. Happy New Year to All!!

Jon Cooper

I started a thread a few weeks back after looking at the rear seatbelts in the wife's Toyota. Being back seats, the belts very seldom get used. The buckle is also very short (just what we need)

I plan spending some time at a local weakers when the weather is better, to see what is available.

spitsnrovers Avatar
spitsnrovers Fred G
Calgary, AB, Canada   CAN
In relation to replacing belts, I went to a race car harness maker (in Canada) who refitted the original ends with new webbing. Looks original, and is NEW.

For the belt getting lost - my 1974-5 Spit has a hook fitted to the inner side of the rocker panel, about half way between the seat front and A pillar.. It allows the buckle to be slipped over it, keeping the belt out of the way for entry and exit, and making it easy reach once seated.

This is an original Spitfire part, and was originally plastic coated (now painted) but do not know which years or geographic locations might have been fitted with them. Couldn't find it in a Moss catalogue. Sorry no photo this time of yearsmiling smiley

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1972 Triumph GT6 MkIII

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links