AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Tgt6 Avatar
Tgt6 Joao Simoes
Ann Arbor, MI, USA   USA
1973 Triumph GT6 MkIII "GT6 Cabriolet"
1973 Triumph GT6+ (MkII)
Has anyone added fog lights to a 1500 between the 2 front over riders and experienced engine overheat issues?

A penny for your thoughts but everyone gives their 2 cents' worth...somebody is making a penny.

Joao

197? GT6 Convertible
1965 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia Coupe
1950 Dodge Meadowbrook

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
sparrowpi Avatar
sparrowpi Silver Member David Sherrow
Colorado Springs, CO, USA   USA
It's not the 1500, but I haven't had any issues.

Attachments:
IMG_20160220_100208826.jpg    23.8 KB
IMG_20160220_100208826.jpg

Yellowhawk Valley Avatar
walla walla, WA, USA   USA
1969 Triumph Spitfire "Walla Walla"
1969 Triumph Spitfire "Portland"
1972 Triumph Spitfire MkIV "Spokane"
1975 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Dayton"    & more
There is a huge variation of fog or driving lights that can and have been added to the front of our cars. This results in about as many responses or issues regarding cooling. From all the reading and discussion I have seen, the most common reason for any overheating is with clogged radiators, bad pumps or blocked up engine blocks, not lack of air. The fronts of these cars allow air into the radiator from under as well as through the nose around the bumper area. Depending on how you mount them and how big they are, the outcome may vary from car to car.
If you have installed them and now have issues, my guess is that your system was very border line to start with, or the lights are multiple square feet in size.
Dan

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
74Spit Avatar
74Spit Rick Ladd
Brooklyn, NY, USA   USA
I have an extra pair of driving lights that block some of the grill. My license plate covers some of the grill as well. I have never had an overheating problem but I do have electric fans installed that probably help. However on really hot days I sometimes get vapor lock but it is manageable.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1975 Triumph Spitfire 1500

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links