AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Free?
65or66 Gold Member Jim B
Lake village, IN, USA   USA
1965 Triumph Spitfire MkII
1973 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Jusanudda Munny Pit"
Apparently no such thing as free, especially shipping, when a vendor makes an offer too good to pass up.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
65or66 Gold Member Jim B
closed my wallet, and I'll remember.

TheZster Avatar
TheZster Steven Z
SAINT LOUIS, MO, USA   USA
No clue what this references.... but I can imagine...... Something like: "buy one, get one free (with additional handling charge)... LOL....

Nothing in this world worth having is free (other than the doors I was offered by another member of this forum)!! Nobody makes a living giving things away....... As a general rule, if it seems to good to be true - it's probably not true...

The old saying is true: You get what you pay for..... You pay nothing..... you get nothing.... and worth every penny...

Z

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Yellowhawk Valley Avatar
walla walla, WA, USA   USA
1969 Triumph Spitfire "Walla Walla"
1969 Triumph Spitfire "Portland"
1972 Triumph Spitfire MkIV "Spokane"
1975 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Dayton"    & more
In reply to # 1504799 by TheZster No clue what this references.... but I can imagine...... Something like: "buy one, get one free (with additional handling charge)... LOL....

Nothing in this world worth having is free (other than the doors I was offered by another member of this forum)!! Nobody makes a living giving things away....... As a general rule, if it seems to good to be true - it's probably not true...

The old saying is true: You get what you pay for..... You pay nothing..... you get nothing.... and worth every penny...

Z

Well, except the garage full of Spitfire parts I have accumulated, essentially freebies.
Dan

Tonyfixit Avatar
Tonyfixit Tony M
Duncan, BC, Canada   CAN
Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you meet someone who believes in Paying forward.

TheZster Avatar
TheZster Steven Z
SAINT LOUIS, MO, USA   USA
Can't argue with that at all...... one of the members here offered to give me two new doors at no cost..... One of the benefits of being part of a group full of like minded individuals....

Z

Born Loser Avatar
Born Loser Silver Member Matthew Taylor
Land O Lake, FL, USA   USA
I have received parts for free, and I have given away spares. It is a great group right here.

Matthew
1960 Triumph TR3a
1970 Triumph Spitfire MK 3
2012 Mini Cooper SS Convertible
2018 Jaguar F-Pace

65or66 Gold Member Jim B
It is a great group, group members I've had few problems with. I've driven 100 miles each way, to pick up parts that were almost free. I needed them, and if I'd checked my e-mail one day sooner it would have been a 10 minute detour on my previous trip. But they weren't even available until during my trip back. No biggie, and I still feel i got a bargain on those parts.

This was not used parts, but a 'vendor' and new parts. My mistake, obviouslygrinning smiley

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1962 Triumph Spitfire 4 MkI

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links