2018 scm pocket price guide Spitfire GT6

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

70spit Jon B
Camas, WA, USA   USA
I assert that anyone building one of these cars and worrying about the market value is doing this for all the wrong reasons. I'm in well over anything I could realistically get back out of this car and I started with a complete, rust-free driver for $2k. I could have saved some cash and stayed away from the hardtop, wires and overdrive but... hardtop, wires and overdrive!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
JohnW63 John Williamson
Apple Valley, CA, USA   USA
Quote: I assert that anyone building one of these cars and worrying about the market value is doing this for all the wrong reasons.

I agree. I may not be in my Mustang for more than I could sell it for, but I can't guarantee that. It is certainly quicker, and probably cheaper, to just find a good one that just needs a little help, than to restore one.

Home of the 1969 GT6+ MK II resurrection project
and a sorry looking 1968 GT6+ parts car trying to stay whole.

risingsunexperience Avatar
Trenton, NJ, USA   USA
oh quit your quibbling.

this is the least important aspect of keeping these cars around.

they're not baseball cards or objects that exists solely for the purpose of having monetary value for human beings.

they don't exist for the purpose of being bought and sold they exist for the purpose of being used and enjoyed by the way of driving them or working on them.

the more we ease up and forget about what they are worth the more we will enjoy them.

If you have to get all caught up in topics like this maybe you aren't enjoying your car enough.

Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-04 01:50 PM by risingsunexperience.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
JohnW63 John Williamson
^ Some one needs a vacation or a puppy.

scardini1 Avatar
scardini1 Gold Member Jim Moscardini
Great Mills, MD, USA   USA
1968 Triumph GT6 "Rocinante"
2003 Jaguar XKR "Kitty"
In reply to # 1505921 by JohnW63 ^ Some one needs a vacation or a puppy.

LMAO!!! thumbs up

scardini1 Avatar
scardini1 Gold Member Jim Moscardini
Great Mills, MD, USA   USA
1968 Triumph GT6 "Rocinante"
2003 Jaguar XKR "Kitty"
I was surprised that the GT6+ was cheapest. No disrespect to the MK1 & MK3 owners, but I owned two MK1s and would easily have upgraded to a "MK2" engine (which I actually "have" done - lol); ... and there's no way I'd put up with all the MK3's EPA B.S.

Styling is, of course, totally subjective, but I also consider the "+" to be the handsomest of the lot as well.

I wonder why SCM values them least?

jefferygt jeffery Ee
vantucky, WA, USA   USA
Values in SCM are purely based on auction results I believe. They obviously like the cars as they have a C collectability rating. And that is legit!

In reply to # 1506053 by scardini1 I was surprised that the GT6+ was cheapest. No disrespect to the MK1 & MK3 owners, but I owned two MK1s and would easily have upgraded to a "MK2" engine (which I actually "have" done - lol); ... and there's no way I'd put up with all the MK3's EPA B.S.

Styling is, of course, totally subjective, but I also consider the "+" to be the handsomest of the lot as well.

I wonder why SCM values them least?

zerozeroniner Avatar
NC, USA   USA
Here is a very nice GT6 for sale in Raleigh, NC.
If someone is interested I would be more than glad to go and take a look.
I live just a few miles away.

I have no connection to this sale and if I had 10K I would spend it on engine, body and paint for my 72 Mk3 :-)

For what one can see in the pictures, you could not come close to resoring a basket case to this condition for 10 K.

I added a couple pics from the ad, when the add goes down, the post will just lead to a dead link, so at least there is a bit of documentation with the thread.

https://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/d/triumph-gt6/6441264513.html

Attachments:
00000_TVFxILoDsO_50x50c.jpg    1.1 KB
00000_TVFxILoDsO_50x50c.jpg

00303_68dOxWeFTNG_50x50c.jpg    1.2 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
00c0c_hKVrRwF2ij8_50x50c.jpg    1.1 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
JohnW63 John Williamson
And it has extras !

Quote: Comes with many extra parts such as a hood, two seat frames, carburetors, windows, engine, 5 speed transmission, differential, two doors, front and rear bumpers, and much more.

Depending on the condition, that sweetens the deal even more.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1976 Triumph Spitfire 1500

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links