TRExp

Spitfire & GT6 Forum

1976 Spitfire with 16 Miles, Never Registered, My massive barn clean out!!

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

mepilotunot Avatar
mepilotunot Gold Member Aaron Perry
18411, USA   USA
As promised from the other post I grabbed some pics while grabbing another truck load of Triumph parts from the barn clean out. So the back story on the 76. The week the dealer took possession of it in 75 or 76 it was on the lot fresh on a Friday and when they returned to open the dealership Monday morning it was found on blocks stripped of engine, rear diff and all four corners. My friend acquired it from the dealership it in the 70s when they closed down and stuffed it here where its been almost 40 years till now. In front of it is a 74 I believe which I will drag out once the 76 is moved. Most of the small things like tail lights and anything missing from this car I ended up with NOS in boxes and crates as pictured in the other post. I think I have enough parts to build about three complete cars. This thing is pretty clean. Its amazing shaking down the car and looking at oll the parts that never saw the road. It does show some age from sitting in this tomb for almost 40years but what a candidate for my restoration. Enjoy the pics!! I will update as I go

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
20171206_111922.jpg    42.4 KB
20171206_111922.jpg

20171206_114350.jpg    43.3 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
20171206_112036.jpg    21.9 KB
20171206_113849.jpg    37.6 KB
20171206_111946.jpg    45.1 KB
20171206_113917.jpg    31.1 KB
20171206_111938.jpg    41.7 KB
grubscrew Avatar
grubscrew grub screw
The suburbs of, Winfield, Maryland, USA   USA
Pretty amazing, and it's sat high and dry as well.

Dave
1970 Spitfire Mk3
FDU 78359L
34/11 (Jasmine yellow/Black interior)

1962 Triumph TR3B
TCF 575L
Signal Red/Red interior

Doug in Vegas Avatar
Doug in Vegas Douglas D
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA   USA
Much as I hate to see it, winching that onto a tilt bed might be the easiest way to go.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
mepilotunot Avatar
18411, USA   USA
I grew up three houses down from this barn and when I was a little Kid I would go up and "bug" Mike and see what he was working on. He raced vintage cars and always had triumphs all over the place. He had some old porsche as well. Now in his 70s he chose me to take on the british stuff because I bothered him all those years. I also currently own a 76 Spit. One really cool thing still in his garage is a large Bentley from the 30s I believe. I will get some pics of that. It is a concourse car.

mepilotunot Avatar
18411, USA   USA
He has it on a skid (40 years) actually and he set it up to roll. Its actually secured to the built skid. This guy figured it out as not to damage the under carriage. I will post pics when we roll it onto my trailer.

Yellowhawk Valley Avatar
walla walla, washington, USA   USA
1969 Triumph Spitfire "Walla Walla"
1969 Triumph Spitfire "Portland"
1972 Triumph Spitfire MkIV "Spokane"
1975 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Dayton"    & more
Wow, what a find. You have 10 years minimum of work ahead of you there. It will be a fun project and lots of things to play with.
Dan

mepilotunot Avatar
18411, USA   USA
Ill be ten years sorting through the boxes....lol

carChips Avatar
carChips Victor Harnish
Kelowna, BC, Canada   CAN
1933 MG Magnette
1973 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Chip"
1989 GMC Sierra 1500 "Bush Truck"
We need a jaw drop emoji!!!! Greeeaat find Aaron.

'S all for now
Vic

triumph74tr6 Avatar
triumph74tr6 Chad Jester
Tulsa, OK, USA   USA
1964 Triumph Sports 6 "Speed 6"
1968 Triumph TR250 "Gene"
1971 Triumph GT6 MkIII "Ken"
1974 MG MGB GT "MiGiBiGiT"    & more
Still interested in those alloy wheels......please let me know when or if you're ready to sell.

Chad in Tulsa

mepilotunot Avatar
18411, USA   USA
Sure thing I will keep you guys in mind when I'm selling

gtspit Ed B
Yuma, AZ, USA   USA
In reply to # 1501675 by mepilotunot As promised from the other post I grabbed some pics while grabbing another truck load of Triumph parts from the barn clean out. So the back story on the 76. The week the dealer took possession of it in 75 or 76 it was on the lot fresh on a Friday and when they returned to open the dealership Monday morning it was found on blocks stripped of engine, rear diff and all four corners. My friend acquired it from the dealership it in the 70s when they closed down and stuffed it here where its been almost 40 years till now. In front of it is a 74 I believe which I will drag out once the 76 is moved. Most of the small things like tail lights and anything missing from this car I ended up with NOS in boxes and crates as pictured in the other post. I think I have enough parts to build about three complete cars. This thing is pretty clean. Its amazing shaking down the car and looking at oll the parts that never saw the road. It does show some age from sitting in this tomb for almost 40years but what a candidate for my restoration. Enjoy the pics!! I will update as I go

'Missed this thread... oh well, no harm. Really? 160 on the clock? & a Flying B to boot.... a W.O. ! Wahoo! Lucky. Just plain lucky chap.
Well, life is just that way. And for ya, this forum appears the best lot to work with, IMHO. Keep us posted.
smileys with beer
Ed.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster