Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

mepilotunot Avatar
mepilotunot Gold Member Aaron Perry
18411, USA   USA
In reply to # 1501534 by IanF It's good to see some younger folks interested in the cars. When I go to local Triumph club gatherings I am often the youngest one there - and I'm 47.

I went to my local brit club at 37 few years back and they all had tr-6s and were old guys that really did not "accept" me into there click lol. So ill stick with my Spits!!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
VancouverSpits Avatar
VancouverSpits Gold Member Tony Armitstead
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada   CAN
I was very very fortunate to get Ruby 95% restored from the previous owner who needed the cash out of her for another project. My partner bought her as a 25th birthday gift for me last August. Their family are total car nuts, he got a 1969 Shelby GT 500 (see attached) as his first car ..... his brother has allot vehicles in his collection including 3 Ferrari's which included the one of 10 Enzo's (see attached) and a vintage 1968 E type Jag he is rebuilding which he bought when he turned 20.

We are taking Ruby to the final step and finishing her off. We have put a premium top on her, bought new mini lite rims and tires for her, have the matching hard top for her, will be adding a top line Bluetooth system in her, changing all the lite to LED's plus a whole new trunk liner kit has been added to her as well.

Attachments:
Ruby new top.jpg    37 KB
Ruby new top.jpg

Ruby new trunk.JPG    39.9 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
IMG_2990.JPG    64.1 KB
IMG_2991.JPG    72.5 KB
rims.jpg    13 KB
shelby.jpg    23.8 KB
Freds enzo 1.jpg    49.1 KB
Fred enzo 2.jpg    52.7 KB
Born Loser Avatar
Born Loser Silver Member Matthew Taylor
Land O Lake, Florida, USA   USA
I had my first one delivered to the front yard on a flat bed and he used the claw arm to drop it. I was 15. I have owned a Triumph ever since. I was looking to put my son in a later model Toyota or Honda when he was coming of age - but he put together a great argument for an LBC (he grew up in a TR3, he was too young to remember the Spit before it). I came up with a budget - and his way to earn it - the labor to get it on the road. We join our local British car club so he could figure out which one. Starting with an MGB, then a TR6, he finally settled on the Spit. Dont regret a minute of it either.

Here is a vid of the project, the stills are at the end.

[url=]Spit Father-Son project[/url]

Matthew
1960 Triumph TR3a
1970 Triumph Spitfire MK 3
2012 Mini Cooper SS Convertible

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
10502038_933554036667353_2287175049297473548_n.jpg    60.4 KB
10502038_933554036667353_2287175049297473548_n.jpg

VancouverSpits Avatar
VancouverSpits Gold Member Tony Armitstead
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada   CAN
Amazing looking Spits....love the Video!

69gt6stopp Avatar
69gt6stopp Paul Stopp
Richmond, British Columbia, Canada   CAN
Life is a cycle, when you are young you have more time and less money so you perform all your own car maintenance.
For me, between the ages of 17-23, working on a 64 Mini Cooper and a 69 Austin Healey Sprite. In your mid-life (job, wife, kids, house and garden), you have more money and less time, so you pay other people to fix your cars. When you are retired, you are back to square one, more time and less money, so your back to fixing old cars.
Funny isn't it.
Regards,
Paul

achurch Avatar
achurch Andrew Church
Lexington, KY, USA   USA
I'm 27 and picked up my first Spit this year. It was a running driver, but very rough. She'd torn down now for a pretty much complete restoration (bit more than I intended but I love wrenching). I got started in the tuner scene at 23 right out of college, and man that is a money pit relative to these cars. If I knew how reasonable one of these were, I would of jumped right on it.

Andrew Church

1977 Spitfire 1500 - 1st Classic

Doug in Vegas Avatar
Doug in Vegas Douglas D
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA   USA
In reply to # 1502567 by achurch If I knew how reasonable one of these were, I would of jumped right on it.

It's crazy cheap on things like the rear wheel cylinder. Complete assembly for $14. Why hone?

achurch Avatar
achurch Andrew Church
Lexington, KY, USA   USA
In reply to # 1502571 by Doug in Vegas It's crazy cheap on things like the rear wheel cylinder. Complete assembly for $14. Why hone?

I could replace the entire brakes on this thing for roughly the cost of a service on my last car hahaha.

I have less invested in the restoration than about a year of modifications for my tuner, and the Spitfire actually appreciates relative to the tuner. Win-win.

Andrew Church

1977 Spitfire 1500 - 1st Classic

Brad.Cogan Avatar
Brad.Cogan Bradley Cogan
RAF Cosford, Shropshire, UK   GBR
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Wray"
2007 Fiat Grande Punto "Pepper"
I'm 21 and had this since I was 19. I may not have the nostalgia factor as I wasn't around when these were mainstream but I definitely see the appeal and reminisce about the British golden age of motoring that I couldn't be a part of.

I love my little Spitfire (when it works). I've modified it a bit but I've given myself the rule that it has to look like it could've been a factory option or period correct mod.

I seem to have caught the bug for classics as I've just gone and bought a Toyota MR2 mk1b.

Brad Cogan

1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500 'Wray'
2007 Fiat Grande Punto Active 1.2 'Pepper'

Attachments:
9309362.jpg    34.5 KB
9309362.jpg

DSC_1491.JPG    46.9 KB
Manistee Avatar
Manistee Silver Member Jim Gow
Grayling, Michigan, Newark, Delaware, USA   USA
Two very cool cars!

Brad.Cogan Avatar
Brad.Cogan Bradley Cogan
RAF Cosford, Shropshire, UK   GBR
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Wray"
2007 Fiat Grande Punto "Pepper"
In reply to # 1502957 by Manistee Two very cool cars!

But completely impractical

Brad Cogan

1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500 'Wray'
2007 Fiat Grande Punto Active 1.2 'Pepper'

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1959 Triumph TR3A

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links