Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

mrblimp Avatar
mrblimp Louis Mauriello
Woodmere, New York, USA   USA
I was pulling out of my block last week (driving one of my non vintage cars) when a young guy in a yellow (square back) Spitfire passed in front of me. I signaled for him to pull over and we talked cars for awhile. I was impressed by the fact that he appeared to be only in his 20s and had an interest in owning a Spitfire.

A day or two later I stopped by his place in mine but, although his car was home, he wasn't.

It's good to see younger people interested in our cars.

(His is the yellow one in the pics below - mine is the green one)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-01 08:20 PM by mrblimp.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_6258.JPG    59.9 KB
IMG_6258.JPG

IMG_6260.JPG    57.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Yellowhawk Valley Avatar
walla walla, washington, USA   USA
1969 Triumph Spitfire "Walla Walla"
1969 Triumph Spitfire "Portland"
1972 Triumph Spitfire MkIV "Spokane"
1975 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Dayton"    & more
A little bit of custom work done there. Glad to see some young-us picking them up too. I think there may be a few more around.
Dan

VancouverSpits Avatar
VancouverSpits Gold Member Tony Armitstead
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada   CAN
25 yrs old and my 1980 spits!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
0B879DCD-3297-4045-A84D-E5AD76D50529.jpeg    73.7 KB
0B879DCD-3297-4045-A84D-E5AD76D50529.jpeg

joesbox Avatar
joesbox Joe Mann
Oakham, Rutland, UK   GBR
33 now but owned my '79 Spit for the past 14 years.

Joe

www.joeblogs.eu

Pats54 Avatar
Pats54 Gold Member Mark M
Maynard, Mass, USA   USA
1979 Triumph Spitfire 1500
2012 Volvo C70 "The Weekender"
Yes is is nice to see the young guys having a interest in the spits.
I can remember when I was a kid back in the 70s wanting one and waiting for the next years model to come out to
Admire the improvements. Spits and TR-6

I did not buy mine until I was 52.

TheZster Avatar
TheZster Steven Z
SAINT LOUIS, MO, USA   USA
My 14 year old daughter went to her first classic car show this summer and fell in love with the classics...... Saw her first Spitfire (same model I had in college)... and wants one!! A father daughter hobby plus a really cool car....

I just bought the one in the photo - and am picking it up in Dallas in a week or so - complete with a giant red bow and Christmas card (or is it Christmas Car?)..... She's going to be bug eyed.....

Just joined this forum and look forward to picking some brains....
Zster...

Attachments:
Denali Spit.jpg    36.3 KB
Denali Spit.jpg

Manistee Avatar
Manistee Silver Member Jim Gow
Grayling, Michigan, Newark, Delaware, USA   USA
Looks like a nice Spitfire and a great Christmas present. I wish that I was your kid!

Welcome to the forum. You'll find lots of help and great resources here.

rghayes Avatar
rghayes Richard Hayes
St. Augustine, FL, USA   USA
I bought mine when I was 23 years old in 1986. Still have it 31 years later.

Doug in Vegas Avatar
Doug in Vegas Douglas D
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA   USA
I bought mine in 94 when I was 36.

......okay,.....that's too "adult".

TheZster Avatar
TheZster Steven Z
I got my daughter the spit for a number of reasons...... 1. She loves the model........... 2. She is afraid to drive - and agrees that knowing how everything works will make her more comfortable (what better vehicle than a spitfire to be forced to learn that?).......... 3. No back seat (she's 14 going on 21 and simply gorgeous)......... and, 4. Where else can I get her a car that will compete for style - side by side - with her richer classmates BMW's, Jeeps, etc.? Hands down, her car will be the campus favorite..... (Now, how do I keep the football team from picking it up and putting on the top of the school entrance stairway?)

Doug in Vegas Avatar
Doug in Vegas Douglas D
In reply to # 1500979 by TheZster (Now, how do I keep the football team from picking it up and putting on the top of the school entrance stairway?)

Hell, the cheerleaders could do that with a Spitfire.

Manistee Avatar
Manistee Silver Member Jim Gow
Grayling, Michigan, Newark, Delaware, USA   USA
Respectfully I'm wouldn't want my 16-17 year old novice driver daughter driving a Spitfire as her first car. She'd have to end up to be a great driver, in a short time to avoid those who don't see her.

Doug in Vegas Avatar
Doug in Vegas Douglas D
In reply to # 1500987 by Manistee Respectfully I'm wouldn't want my 16-17 year old novice driver daughter driving a Spitfire as her first car. She'd have to end up to be a great driver, in a short time to avoid those who don't see her.

Safer than a moped.

TheZster Avatar
TheZster Steven Z
Appreciate the sentiment...... She spends the first year driving our Grand Cherokee.... and practicing her driving skills at the local racetrack on Rally days.....

Burner Avatar
Burner Gold Member Dale Williams
Outside U.S., South Africa   ZAF
Bought my first Spitfire 8 years ago when I was 25... the bug has bitten hard... now own 4 Spits and 2 GT6's, and always on the look out for more!

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster