Spitfire & GT6 Forum

Dead pedal install

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Dead pedal install
  This topic is about my 1969 Triumph GT6+ (MkII)
69gt6stopp Avatar
69gt6stopp Paul Stopp
Richmond, British Columbia, Canada   CAN
Well today I made my dead pedal, out of more 1/8" sheet alum scraps. After trying out my new seating position I found a necessity to park my clutch foot somewhere. There is no foot operated dip switch in the way as this is operated by the column stalk switch. The carpet piece has just been placed in so that the drilled holes would still be in the correct location.
If you would like to see more details of this build just go to my journal.
Thanks,
Paul

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
Dead pedal installed.JPG    69.6 KB
Dead pedal installed.JPG

claytoncnc Avatar
claytoncnc Gold Member Marcus Clayton
Melbourne, Ivanhoe, Australia   AUS
Good Job,

Always having had RHD cars, we are often unaware of the differences between ours and the LHD versions.

I only found out yesterday that some US market cars had a floor mounted dipswitch.

RHD Spits, (in Australia anyway) had a dead pedal from the factory.

dicta dick Taylor
Downey, Callifornia, USA   USA
In reply to # 1500819 by 69gt6stopp Well today I made my dead pedal, out of more 1/8" sheet alum scraps. After trying out my new seating position I found a necessity to park my clutch foot somewhere. There is no foot operated dip switch in the way as this is operated by the column stalk switch. The carpet piece has just been placed in so that the drilled holes would still be in the correct location.
If you would like to see more details of this build just go to my journal.
Thanks,
Paul

I don't usually tune in to forums that are not TR6 related, but the 'dead pedal' topic caught my eye. My pedal is not as fancy, but does the job and is off the carpet. Mine was inspired by a 6pack newsletter article by Mitch Seff, who did one for his own car. My left foot finds it every time I drive and wonder how I got along without it for so many years!

Dick

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
dead pedal IMG_0418.jpg    53.1 KB
dead pedal IMG_0418.jpg

scardini1 Avatar
scardini1 Gold Member Jim Moscardini
Great Mills, MD, USA   USA
1968 Triumph GT6 "Rocinante"
2003 Jaguar XKR "Kitty"
Nice work on the dead peddle! Curious: Although I definitely prefer having one in my Jag, I like being able to stretch my leg out into the Triumph’s long foot well.

J.P.Rap Avatar
J.P.Rap J.P. Rap
Mount Hope, Ontario, Canada   CAN
1976 Triumph 1500 "Donna"
2007 Ford Ranger
Nicely done Paul. One of those is on my to-do list.

"In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant." Elwood P. Dowd

risingsunexperience Avatar
Trenton, New Jersey, USA   USA
I call it a footrest

GottaSpit Avatar
GottaSpit Duncan A
Folsom, California, USA   USA
In reply to # 1502504 by risingsunexperience I call it a footrest

Thank you. I thought this topic was going to be about a brake, clutch or accelerator pedal failure!

1147cc Avatar
1147cc Silver Member Douglas Hansen
Westminster, SC, USA   USA
I just use the high beam switch

Douglas Hansen
New Parts; Engine Rebuilds; Sheet Metal work and Advice.
http://www.1147cc.com

spitfire50 Avatar
spitfire50 Paul Mugford
Rochester, N.H., USA   USA
In reply to # 1502533 by 1147cc I just use the high beam switch
Doug,
That works for me too, but most Spitfires don't have one like we have. Resting the clutch foot on the light switch stalk is a contortion most drivers can't manage! grinning smiley
All the best,
Paul

grubscrew Avatar
grubscrew grub screw
The suburbs of, Winfield, Maryland, USA   USA
In reply to # 1502546 by spitfire50
In reply to # 1502533 by 1147cc I just use the high beam switch
Doug,
That works for me too, but most Spitfires don't have one like we have. Resting the clutch foot on the light switch stalk is a contortion most drivers can't manage! grinning smiley
All the best,
Paul

LOL!

Dave
1970 Spitfire Mk3
FDU 78359L
34/11 (Jasmine yellow/Black interior)

1962 Triumph TR3B
TCF 575L
Signal Red/Red interior

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster