Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

spitfire50 Avatar
spitfire50 Paul Mugford
Rochester, N.H., USA   USA
In reply to # 1500978 by Doug in Vegas Frankly, if that green light goes on while driving you'll wonder why it isn't red.

After all, you're supposed to STOP.
Doug,
More or less conventional, but they got it backwards didn't they? The oil pressure warning is green when you really need to STOP. The charge warning is red when you could drive for quite a while with it on.
All the best,
Paul

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Doug in Vegas Avatar
Doug in Vegas Douglas D
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA   USA
In reply to # 1501006 by spitfire50
In reply to # 1500978 by Doug in Vegas Frankly, if that green light goes on while driving you'll wonder why it isn't red.

After all, you're supposed to STOP.
Doug,
More or less conventional, but they got it backwards didn't they? The oil pressure warning is green when you really need to STOP. The charge warning is red when you could drive for quite a while with it on.
All the best,
Paul

Better if it had an alarm like a plane going down.

Greg1835 Avatar
Greg1835 Greg S
Rudolph, Wisconsin, USA   USA

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Doug in Vegas Avatar
Doug in Vegas Douglas D
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA   USA
That's the nice thing about Spitfires. They open themselves up to modification.

If it were a TR6 one would be researching the kind of varnish they used on the dash.

As for the concourse crowd, I thank them for keeping a few around that haven't been modified so people in the future can see what the originals looked like before Phil down the street added the hover conversion.

spitfire50 Avatar
spitfire50 Paul Mugford
Rochester, N.H., USA   USA
In reply to # 1501025 by Greg1835 Couldn't you just replace the light with a small buzzer? Or better yet, a combo-

https://www.amazon.com/TmallTech-Flash-Alarm-Indicator-Buzzer/dp/B017YL31OY/ref=br_lf_m_bsujtu9awgx88bo_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&s=hi

Greg,
It wouldn't be a major project to wire any sort of audible alarm in parallel with the existing light. Power switched by the ignition switch and the ground supplied by the oil pressure switch. Done that simply the alarm would sound every time you started the engine. If that wasn't acceptable (and self-test is a good thing) a delay circuit could be arranged so the alarm would only work after the engine starts.
All the best,
Paul

Greg1835 Avatar
Greg1835 Greg S
Rudolph, Wisconsin, USA   USA
The buzzer might benefit me - I have a tendency to let my thoughts wander while driving.winking smiley

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster