Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

trrdster Avatar
trrdster Wayne Tate
Spencer, NC, USA   USA
Doug, They make one for my XK8 that I was having trouble not pulling the trigger on. It wasn't the money, but I did get the look. You ever had one of those?
Now you guys want me to cover up my rear ridge delete with a fiber glass top. Might as well have Sardini1 down here. LOL

Wayne
1970 TR6
2000 Jaguar XK8
1949 Triumph Roadster 2000
1978 Spitfire (rust victim)
1971 GT6 (tarp covered for 12 years, rusted inside out)
1980 Spitfire (getting all the good GT6 parts, all poly suspension and Spax shocks)

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
SpitMan Avatar
SpitMan Doug Walls
Brandywine, Maryland, USA   USA
1970 Triumph Spitfire MkIII "70 Spit"
1998 Chevrolet Corvette "Silver Fox"
2007 Chevrolet Silverado
2013 Chevrolet Malibu "Pearl Baby"
You know, on the Velocity Channel they took a corvette convertible and added a removable split window hardtop for it. I think it was Fathom Motors that did it. If I remember I will try to find the Episode and pass it on. Not a bad idea Louis.....are you going to try it???

r/g Doug/SpitMan

In reply to # 1500869 by mrblimp
In reply to # 1500453 by SpitMan ....I have thought some time ago of making a rear removable panel of fiberglass to cover where the top snaps are on up to the seats with something similar to what is shown in that picture.
Don't you think that would be a good project???

I always wanted to do something similar only my idea was to make a removable fiberglass rear body similar looking to a GT6 to attach to my Spitfire. So I think it is a great project idea!

Wolfcreek Steve Steve P
Central, Wisconsin, USA   USA
In reply to # 1500869 by mrblimp
In reply to # 1500453 by SpitMan ....I have thought some time ago of making a rear removable panel of fiberglass to cover where the top snaps are on up to the seats with something similar to what is shown in that picture.
Don't you think that would be a good project???

I always wanted to do something similar only my idea was to make a removable fiberglass rear body similar looking to a GT6 to attach to my Spitfire. So I think it is a great project idea!

Hmmm, I've got several rusty GT-6 bodies, wonder if there would be a way to cut the top off one and use it as a removable hardtop. Wouldn't be able to access the trunk though.sad smiley

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster