Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

ANDYGT6 Avatar
ANDYGT6 Andy K
SF East Bay, CA, USA   USA
In reply to # 1505112 by ANDYGT6 Hi All - I have finally had time to get back to the GT6 after the holidays here. Good news is I was able to use all the good advice here. Found I did manage to get one of the gaskets between one carb and the manifold on incorrectly, but also readjusted float levels in both carbs which seemed to resolve the overall problem. Bad news is it was running really great and I was doing the fine tuning of the carbs and also the timing. Was just about all done with it when just one more slight turn of the distributor to further tune the timing and the car suddenly died and won’t restart. Now I’m really stuck. Think I will start another thread for that issue.

Ok, I found the solution to my latest problem! All is running very well now. Bit of a learning curve for me on the car build but car is now running better than before I started it all. Thanks to all plus a big shout out to Jimbob who spent time on the phone helping to run through all I did and suggest next things to try.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
ANDYGT6 Avatar
ANDYGT6 Andy K
SF East Bay, CA, USA   USA
In reply to # 1505116 by jimgt6 Late to the party, I know but since this a 72 as is mine here is what the PCV hose routing should look like. There are also restrictors on the hoses going into the carbs. They look like white plastic hats and go over the brass tubes coming out of the carbs. the restriction is 3/16". TR6 restrictors look the same, but the restriction is 1/4" Bigger hole or no restriction can further lean out the mixture.

Jim

Thanks Jim! Yes, mine is routed the same way and has hats and all though I am off to the auto parts store to buy some new rubber hose to replace a current piece that is no longer as snug fitting to the T connection as it should be.

jimbob1982 Silver Member Jim Dougher
Buffalo, NY, USA   USA
Great to hear about your success and finally getting it all sorted out.

The victories are why we do what we do with these little cars. Soooo satisfying when we hear that antique purr again.
JimBob

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
scardini1 Avatar
scardini1 Gold Member Jim Moscardini
Great Mills, MD, USA   USA
1968 Triumph GT6 "Rocinante"
2003 Jaguar XKR "Kitty"
In reply to # 1505150 by jimbob1982 Great to hear about your success and finally getting it all sorted out.

The victories are why we do what we do with these little cars. Soooo satisfying when we hear that antique purr again.
JimBob

thumbs upthumbs up

I try to explain to people that there is actually a small thrill in my car just "STARTING". Mere mortals will never understand. drinking smiley

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1980 Triumph Spitfire 1500

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links