install radio brace

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

vnunnally Van Nunnally
Richmond, Virginia, USA   USA
To be honest I don't remember but I do know it's fits or it did fit when I took it out

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Doug in Vegas Avatar
Doug in Vegas Douglas D
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA   USA
In reply to # 1497740 by trrdster You guys are making this hard. Get a bottle jack and stick a short 2x4 under the dash and jack it up slightly.
Don't go overboard, but the front of the dash moves very easily.
Make sure the brackets holding the steering column are loose, the one on the left is the one that needs to be undone as the one on the lright goes into the top bolt of the support frame. .

Better yet, get the kneepads and make everything from there up into the shifter boot. Cut a hole in a big piece of heavy vinyl and sew in the original leather boot. You can then replace the backup light switch without pulling the carpeting.

Attachments:
Img_0107[1].jpg    46.5 KB
Img_0107[1].jpg

J.P.Rap Avatar
J.P.Rap J.P. Rap
Mount Hope, Ontario, Canada   CAN
1976 Triumph 1500 "Donna"
2007 Ford Ranger
I don't recall just HOW I installed mine but I don't recall having any trouble with it either. In fact I had it in and out a few times last year. If you decide to remove the trim from the bottom of the dash, it comes out by removing the screws along the bottom. Some of the screws are on the back but IIRC that's only the drivers side part.

"In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant." Elwood P. Dowd

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
vnunnally Van Nunnally
If I remove the trim from the Bottom that make the job easier I don't remember doing that last time when I took it out

Yellowhawk Valley Avatar
walla walla, washington, USA   USA
1969 Triumph Spitfire "Walla Walla"
1969 Triumph Spitfire "Portland"
1972 Triumph Spitfire MkIV "Spokane"
1975 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Dayton"    & more
Maybe. At least loosen the center dash panel and tie it up to the mirror out of the way so you can work through the hole easily and see how to perhaps get around having to remove the center pad piece.
Dan

Doug in Vegas Avatar
Doug in Vegas Douglas D
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA   USA
Don't forget some years have a steering column brace in there too.

vnunnally Van Nunnally
I will try to take that screw out which holds the trim on and the problem with my center dash is I can't pull it out because I put a dash pad in if I pull that Dash I pull the center part or I will break the desk pad so I can't do that

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster