AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Seats
regnaston Dale Sanger
Belle River, Ontario, Canada   CAN
1965 Triumph Spitfire "Frankenspit"
These seats came with the car. I dont need them as they already had different seats installed. The material and the cushion are in not the best shape but the frame seems very solid.

Anybody want them? Make me an offer (I dont know what they are worth) + shipping and I will send them to you

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_20171108_1135288.jpg    46.6 KB
IMG_20171108_1135288.jpg

IMG_20171108_1135383.jpg    42.2 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
IMG_20171108_1135468.jpg    43.4 KB
Yellowhawk Valley Avatar
walla walla, washington, USA   USA
1969 Triumph Spitfire "Walla Walla"
1969 Triumph Spitfire "Portland"
1972 Triumph Spitfire MkIV "Spokane"
1975 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Dayton"    & more
They appear to be a 70 style Mk3 highback seats. Or at least the second version of them.
Dan

paddy1998 Avatar
paddy1998 Scott Delaney
Joliet, IL, USA   USA
Those are 1971-1972 MkIV highback seats.

The last set I saw for sale on ebay were bid up close to $2,000 in similar condition (meaning solid but in need of re-upholstering.)

What you have there is a bit of unobtainium. There are those who would step on their own grandmother to get their hands on them.

Hire bodyguards.

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
regnaston Dale Sanger
In reply to # 1496739 by paddy1998 Those are 1971-1972 MkIV highback seats.

The last set I saw for sale on ebay were bid up close to $2,000 in similar condition (meaning solid but in need of re-upholstering.)

What you have there is a bit of unobtainium. There are those who would step on their own grandmother to get their hands on them.

Hire bodyguards.

Holy cow ... I only paid $2000 for the car grinning smiley

Might list them on ebay with no reserve then.. and let the bidding begin grinning smiley

gfe05111952 Avatar
gfe05111952 George Earwaker
Falls Church, Virginia, USA   USA
Hopefully, what you get for the seats will pay for that front bumper you need. smileys with beer

Looks like you could use a proper trunk handle too.

George
1967 Triumph GT6
1967 Triumph Spitfire4 Mk2
1968 Triumph Spitfire Mk3

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-08 03:17 PM by gfe05111952.

IanF Ian Furqueron
Croydon, PA, USA   USA
In reply to # 1496739 by paddy1998 Those are 1971-1972 MkIV highback seats.

Hire bodyguards.

Yikes! That was good to know before I made any irreversible modifications to the seats in my GT6, which appear identical.

"Lisle" - '72 GT6 basically stock and original. For now... T-9 conversion pending.
"Winnie the Poo" - '79 Spitfire 1500. Rubber to chrome bumper conversion, otherwise stock at the moment.

regnaston Dale Sanger
In reply to # 1496757 by gfe05111952 Hopefully, what you get for the seats will pay for that front bumper you need. smileys with beer

Looks like you could use a proper trunk handle too.

yeah I could use a few things grinning smiley

paddy1998 Avatar
paddy1998 Scott Delaney
Joliet, IL, USA   USA
If I might ask, what kind of seats do you have in the car now?

claytoncnc Avatar
claytoncnc Gold Member Marcus Clayton
Melbourne, Ivanhoe, Australia   AUS
In my opinion, aftermarket seats are rarely (never) better than the originals.

Take a couple of deep breaths before you sell them, it may be something you regret.

Re: Seats
regnaston Dale Sanger
In reply to # 1496771 by paddy1998 If I might ask, what kind of seats do you have in the car now?

Not sure exactly what they are. They are low (no head rest) and do not recline, etc. They kind of fit the feel of the car

I will take a picture tomorrow

paddy1998 Avatar
paddy1998 Scott Delaney
Joliet, IL, USA   USA
Thanks, I'd sure appreciate it.

I have a 71 with the highback seats that need reupholstering. Since I'm not keeping it factory I'm thinking buying Cobra Roadster seats or some other aftermarket seat and just selling the originals rather than pay an arm and a leg to have them properly reupholstered.

regnaston Dale Sanger
Here you go

Attachments:
IMG_20171108_2019551.jpg    31.6 KB
IMG_20171108_2019551.jpg

IMG_20171108_2019510.jpg    15.2 KB
RobTAR Robert I
Seattle, WA, USA   USA
I'd put the high backs back in, wouldn't want to be rear ended without headrests. My GT6 has fixed low backs, I'm not sure if I will modify them for removable head rests or source a head rest set.

GottaSpit Avatar
GottaSpit Duncan A
Folsom, California, USA   USA
I have low backs in my 66 Mark II. I also worry about being rear-ended, especially with the so-called roll bar right behind my head. Does anyone know of an add-on head rest kit from somewhere? Otherwise, I'm thinking I might find some Miata seats from the salvage yard.

J.P.Rap Avatar
J.P.Rap J.P. Rap
Mount Hope, Ontario, Canada   CAN
1976 Triumph 1500 "Donna"
2007 Ford Ranger
I bid $10.00.
And I'll drive up to get them.
winking smiley

"In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant." Elwood P. Dowd

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster